Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-19-2018, 01:48 AM   #16
BadWolfe
Book Addict
BadWolfe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
There is no long problem description to give and NiLuJe already posted the information they need:
Code:
kindletool convert -k ~/Downloads/update_voice_kindle_all_new_oasis.bin
Bundle         SP01 (Signing Envelope)
Cert number    2
Cert file      pubprodkey02.pem (Official 2K)
Bundle         FB02 (Fullbin [signed?])
Bundle Type    Recovery
MD5 Hash       cbda910d361d9fba839e60597dc46d0b
Magic 1        2048630901
Magic 2        1897089723
Minor          1
Header Rev     2
Platform       Zelda
Board          Unspecified
See the "Bundle FB02" in the package headers?
Current consumer firmware images have the installation of "FB02" bundles blocked.

Just get a technical contact e-mail address out of customer service, or get customer service to forward an e-mail to the technical contact.

Cut-and-Paste the above information and tell them they will have to un-block the installation of "FB02" bundles.

You might also mention that the problem is the same cause and effect with all models listed here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202199580

And yes, their technical support department already has our KindleTool.
But if they have lost it (or have an out of date version which does not do Oasis-9th generation), point them to here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030
See: The KindleTool section of that post.

All except the build for cygwin has been updated to include the 2017 Oasis.
Thank You! I really appreciate this. (I would not have given them the information without your permission). I will let you know as soon as something comes of it.

You two are awesome
BadWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:31 PM   #17
BadWolfe
Book Addict

Just got this response:

Hello,

This is Patricia with Kindle Support, I had reached out to our developers and after a few modifications I was told that we have updated our system and the link from the website should now work.

Here is the link again:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=202199580

Follow the steps as directed on the link
Old 05-21-2018, 05:26 PM   #18
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadWolfe View Post
I was told that we have updated our system and the link from the website should now work.
I wonder if this is related to the new firmware versions that were pushed out the newer kindle devices in the last few days without a version number change.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:25 PM   #19
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
FWIW, I'm still getting the same 05/15/18 respin.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:03 PM   #20
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
You need to re-download the voice view files. They changed the voice view files themselves to make it work.
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:30 PM   #21
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
FWIW, I'm still getting the same 05/15/18 respin.
Heres what they have compared to my files: It shows that they have signed the voiceview file, so it is a FB02 inside of SP01 signature. compared to the old one which is a plain FB02 file.

Todays oasis file:
Code:
$ KindleTool-coplate/KindleTool/Release/kindletool convert -i Desktop/update_voice_kindle_all_new_oasis.bin.crdownload
Checking update package 'Desktop/update_voice_kindle_all_new_oasis.bin.crdownload'.
Cert number    2
Bundle Type    Recovery
MD5 Hash       de3899703f678b1ee891991cb03189f1
Minor          1
Header Rev     2
Platform       Zelda

todaysaperwhite file:

Code:
$ KindleTool-coplate/KindleTool/Release/kindletool convert -i /update_voice_kindle_all_new_paperwhite_2018.bin.crdownload
Checking update package 'update_voice_kindle_all_new_paperwhite_2018.bin.crdownload'.
Cert number    2
Bundle Type    Recovery
MD5 Hash       7bed52f6fde47861dab4929a4ee44ae4
Minor          1
Header Rev     2
Platform       Wario

Old file:
Code:
$ KindleTool-coplate/KindleTool/Release/kindletool convert -i update_voice_kindle_all_new_paperwhite.bin
Checking update package 'binary/update_voice_kindle_all_new_paperwhite.bin'.
Bundle Type    Recovery
MD5 Hash       8d870dc025d51f373ad74ea95818fa97
Minor          1
Header Rev     2
Platform       Wario

Edit: it looks like this was the file format tat the time Badwolfe reached out to amazon, so maybe this style doesnt work on the oasis either.

If so, ignore my next post

Last edited by coplate; 05-21-2018 at 10:35 PM.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:31 PM   #22
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadWolfe View Post
Just got this response:

Hello,

This is Patricia with Kindle Support, I had reached out to our developers and after a few modifications I was told that we have updated our system and the link from the website should now work.

Here is the link again:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=202199580

Follow the steps as directed on the link

Thanks so much for taking the time to talk with amazon support. It appears they fixed your issue, but they didnt fix ours for jailbreaking

Edit: does that new file actually work for you?

Last edited by coplate; 05-21-2018 at 10:34 PM.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:08 AM   #23
BadWolfe
Book Addict

I am home and just downloaded and ran the file- it works. I am sorry it did not help you all though. Not sure they would have fixed it without your prompts so I do appreciate the help.

THANK YOU ALL!
Old 05-22-2018, 08:02 AM   #24
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Huh. That's weird. c.f.; my initial answer in the first page, it already was a signed FB02 on my end.

And I stupidly deleted the old PW one I had laying around -_-".
Old 05-22-2018, 02:29 PM   #25
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Is it on a backup somewhere? Or perhaps still in trash bin?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:33 PM   #26
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Problem is, my "backups" for this stuff consist of a bunch of hard-drives sitting in a box in my basement, so, err, no thanks? .

(I was a taaaaad heavy-handed when making the move to a new storage solution, I got the essentials, but evidently some things slipped through the cracks ^^).
Old 05-22-2018, 02:42 PM   #27
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Backups are my day job, so I always ask.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:01 PM   #28
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Just for the record.

After kindletool extracting the Gen7, Gen8, and Gen9 amazon bin installs, ungzipping and, untarring the voice folder, I find

Code:
# MD5 checksums generated by MD5summer (http://www.md5summer.org)
# Generated 2018-05-22 14:49:19

ee7203754daa40795b8fd73b668e7118 *lang_en_us.dat
42cc8be489b96ecba547277a872bf252 *vox_en_us_salli22i
...The exact same MD5.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:59 PM   #29
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@PoP: Thanks for confirming my completely unscientific hunch based on my visual memory of what the tar output looked like in the previous version .
Old 12-03-2018, 05:47 PM   #30
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Gravedigging: Mystery solved!

There was an undocumented "Target OTA" flag sneaked in those packages that KindleTool missed.

The re-spin did indeed update it (I had the original re-spin on hand, and it had an earlier OTA target than the currently available packages).

In any case, it's still related to the downgrade "protection", and we still can't re-spin them ourselves. But at least it makes sense now .

f.g., the current PW4 VV package is now properly parsed, and should be okay for a while, since that build revision is slightly higher than current public releases (5.10.1.2 is @ 3360340004 at the time I'm writing this):

Code:
Checking update package 'update_voice_kindle_all_new_paperwhite_v2.bin'.
Cert number    2
Bundle Type    Recovery
MD5 Hash       0972ac8006a472cb9e599edd8161d672
Minor          1
Header Rev     2
Target OTA     3372830002
Platform       Rex

Last edited by NiLuJe; 12-03-2018 at 05:53 PM.

Tags
kindle, oasis, voiceview