Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-03-2019, 08:18 PM   #1
FrozenTrout
FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: iPad, Kobo Aura 2, Kobo Libra H20
Official Sleep Cover Accidental Activation

I just got a Libra and the official sleep cover. I love the Libra, but in general I’m not quite sold on the cover yet, we’ll see how it goes long term. I have had a huge problem with it, though - when its open and folded flat against the back of the device, it will sometimes randomly trigger and lock the screen. When I pull the cover away from the back, it wakes back up. It’s really, really irritating, and I don’t know how to stop it. Does this happen to anybody else, or could my device or cover be defective in some way? It locks and unlocks when I close/open the lid like it’s supposed to, so magnets are where they’re supposed to be. I’m just wildly speculating, but I don’t know if maybe there could be another magnet in the wrong place? I have trouble believing the design could just be faulty, but it’s also a possibility, if others have the same problem...
FrozenTrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 05:38 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I see this, but, it doesn't happen when the device is by itself. I mostly see it when I put the Libra H2O down on top of one of my other ereaders in their case, or on my iPad. It doesn't happen all the time, only when it will be annoying for it to happen. I assume it is when the magnets all line up perfectly.

There were reports of something similar happening with the Aura ONE. In that case, it tended to happen when the cover was folded back and the device put on a metal table.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2019, 11:29 PM   #3
FrozenTrout
FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.

It happens when I’m holding it, and only it, in my hands
Old 12-05-2019, 02:31 PM   #4
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I'd return the cover for another one. I've had that happen when the magnet wasn't set in the exact correct spot, or if the magnet used was too strong. A new cover might fix the issue if it's incorrectly placed, but if they consistently use stronger magnets, it might cause the same issue. If that's the case, try a different brand cover.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 08:03 PM   #5
FrozenTrout

Thanks, I’ll try sending it back for a replacement! Hopefully that fixes it.
Advert