Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 09-11-2019, 04:38 AM   #211
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
Thanks for the link.

The serial of my T63 is T63AH1606XXXXX, so it's a pre-Dec'16 production and is T63-TC1 apparently.

1) For the backup, I don't have an access to a Windows computer but I'm pretty handy with Linux and command line. Can you link to a thread explaining how can I back up (and restore) the partitions thru ADB/fastboot?

2) Finally, is there an English-capable firmware available for my model of T63? Because if there isn't, why would I need to back up all partitions?

Thanks!
Regarding 1) (Backup)
Look at this, Backup all Partitions (important):
https://www.cnx-software.com/2013/11...ware-in-linux/

2) There are several English images of the system partition, which you could try, but not before having a backup of all the partitions. I did it without a backup and now I'm stuck with a bricked reader and no access to backups to reactivate the thing, desperately hoping to find a kind donor of a backup.
(T63, 1024x758 Display)

Edit:
Be sure to get a copy of the parameter file too, how is explained here:
https://wiki.radxa.com/Rock/flash_the_image

Last edited by nhedgehog; 09-11-2019 at 04:42 AM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 07:13 PM   #212
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
2) There are several English images of the system partition, which you could try,
Sadly, I didn't find any for T63-TC1 from the cursory look at the forum. Anyone can point me to a valid link to a compatible **english** system partition which would be newer than Boyue version 1.0?

Also, PMed you about partition backups. Can you get your device to boot bootloader?

Last edited by stangri; 09-16-2019 at 08:15 PM.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2019, 08:33 PM   #213
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Big news for T63 owners (the 300dpi one, 1448x1072 resolution), this image has the Likebook T63S version 2.0.0 which can be flashed on the older T63 devices: https://yadi.sk/d/uwTXZWIAM4fvXA. Supports lots of European languages.

Google Services (and Play Store) are installed, but not accessible thru the default launcher, I've sideloaded Nova to get access to them.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:30 AM   #214
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
Big news for T63 owners (the 300dpi one, 1448x1072 resolution), this image has the Likebook T63S version 2.0.0 which can be flashed on the older T63 devices: https://yadi.sk/d/uwTXZWIAM4fvXA. Supports lots of European languages.

Google Services (and Play Store) are installed, but not accessible thru the default launcher, I've sideloaded Nova to get access to them.
Will it work with jdread.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 12:57 PM   #215
stangri
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Will it work with jdread.
I have it working on mine. I have been told that there're different hardware revisions, so YMMV. Make a backup of everything first.
Advert
Old 09-30-2019, 02:14 PM   #216
endemion06463
Enthusiast
endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook P78
Anyone care to write a full guide?
I'm too much of a noob to be able to do or understand most of what has been said the lest 10 comments or so.
endemion06463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 08:47 AM   #217
shak3800
Connoisseur
shak3800 began at the beginning.

Device: Icarus E653
I am an owner of the Icarus Ilumina E653 and i would be grateful if someone could help me out install thethe firmware for T61D carta since i have the carta model.i have downloaded the zip file but when i get the popup to install the update it says the update package is not valid.

Do i need to root first the ereader? Can someone guide me the procedure on how i can install the firmware? I already google play store but i would like the new fwatures such as A2 mode and also some bug fixes.
shak3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 09:29 AM   #218
foregistries
foregistries began at the beginning.

Device: boyue t62d, t63a
howdy,

i've bought jdread (boyue) t63a. is it possible to use other firmwares (for example gonyx or good old t62 firmwares) on this device? if yes, which ones?
foregistries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:26 AM   #219
foregistries

Quote:
Originally Posted by foregistries View Post
is it possible to use other firmwares (for example gonyx or good old t62 firmwares) on this device? if yes, which ones?
ok. as far as i understand it's not possible to use the firmwares with different resolution.

but it looks like gmini magicbook a6lhd+ and inkbook obsidian hd have the same options with jdread. so has anyone tried the firmwares of these two on jdread?
Old 12-06-2019, 06:11 AM   #220
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I tried some since I was desperate with my bricked Icarus E654BK which is supposed to be a T63 something. It was a long and frustrating process which I wish nobody to repeat but I was desperate, since the device was already bricked.
Steps:
1) Get your parameter.txt from the device
2) Backup every partition, especially kernel, boot, system & recovery
If that is done, you can experiment but still some roms bricked my device thourougly so that I had to shortcut some pins on the nand chip.
If you succeded in 1 & 2, I'll give you a link to a probably working ROM.
Old 12-07-2019, 04:23 AM   #221
foregistries

Quote:
I tried some since I was desperate with my bricked Icarus E654BK which is supposed to be a T63 something. It was a long and frustrating process which I wish nobody to repeat but I was desperate, since the device was already bricked.
Steps:
1) Get your parameter.txt from the device
2) Backup every partition, especially kernel, boot, system & recovery
If that is done, you can experiment but still some roms bricked my device thourougly so that I had to shortcut some pins on the nand chip.
If you succeded in 1 & 2, I'll give you a link to a probably working ROM.
guess have the backup pretty much. besides i use onyx c67ml carta2's firmware at the moment (but its battery handling is worse than the original one).

so please share the link, thanx in advance.
Old 12-07-2019, 04:42 AM   #222
nhedgehog
Guru

FOVs Firmware page

Have a look at this folder (collected by FOV):
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...73C0EB037CE1E2
In the folder:
RK30SDK_T6x
you will find:
T6x_174_Gonyx_S512mD1g.7z
which will probably work with your device, but make sure to follow the instruction otherwise bricking is possible.

The other possibility is using the ROM Stangri has found:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=213

Good luck!
Old 05-08-2020, 05:43 AM   #223
foregistries

howdy folks!

is it possible to use t62d firmware on t63 with a simple modification?
(if yes, it will probably be about the resolution i guess.)
Old 05-12-2020, 11:49 AM   #224
nhedgehog
Guru

Only one post above the question might be an answer, which can help you, if carefully read, oh humble questioneer.
Old 05-14-2020, 10:44 AM   #225
foregistries

Quote:
Only one post above the question might be an answer, which can help you, if carefully read, oh humble questioneer.
thank you for your interest.

i keep trying new things.