Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-15-2019, 12:06 PM   #1
bonnerable
Connoisseur
bonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kobo Mini, Glo HD, Inkbook Prime HD, Kobo Libra
Touch HD 3 internals?

Was wondering if there's a teardown of the TH3. I just want to see if there's some kind of back plate to reinforce the eink screen. The TH3 is only 155grams so I'm worried there might be none because of the lightness. I used to have an inkbook but that one cracked easily so I'm looking for a sturdier alternative with page buttons. Cheers!

Last edited by bonnerable; 10-15-2019 at 12:07 PM. Reason: spelling correction
bonnerable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 11:42 AM   #2
sdfgg
sdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura about

Device: pocketbook,kobo
Dang! I would love to be able to help out and find out if it can be "upgraded" like the kobo clara HD with a bigger faster sd card! but also searching online I found nothing
sdfgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2019, 07:49 AM   #3
kakonema
kakonema knows more than wikipediakakonema knows more than wikipediakakonema knows more than wikipediakakonema knows more than wikipediakakonema knows more than wikipediakakonema knows more than wikipediakakonema knows more than wikipediakakonema knows more than wikipediakakonema knows more than wikipediakakonema knows more than wikipediakakonema knows more than wikipedia

Device: PB632 THD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnerable View Post
Was wondering if there's a teardown of the TH3. I just want to see if there's some kind of back plate to reinforce the eink screen. The TH3 is only 155grams so I'm worried there might be none because of the lightness. I used to have an inkbook but that one cracked easily so I'm looking for a sturdier alternative with page buttons. Cheers!
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...ost&p=85804906

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfgg View Post
Dang! I would love to be able to help out and find out if it can be "upgraded" like the kobo clara HD with a bigger faster sd card! but also searching online I found nothing
InkPad 3 and Touch HD 3 don't use microSD card as internal storage.
kakonema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 11:28 AM   #4
kakonema
kakonema knows more than wikipediakakonema knows more than wikipediakakonema knows more than wikipediakakonema knows more than wikipediakakonema knows more than wikipediakakonema knows more than wikipediakakonema knows more than wikipediakakonema knows more than wikipediakakonema knows more than wikipediakakonema knows more than wikipediakakonema knows more than wikipedia

Device: PB632 THD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakonema View Post
InkPad 3 and Touch HD 3 don't use microSD card as internal storage.
On the other hand, there's a shield on both of them, so maybe there is something under.

By looking at the fstab in the firmware, there is a mmcblk device, but that doesn't answer the question why on earth would they put a sd card under the shield?
kakonema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 11:37 AM   #5
sdfgg
sdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura about

Device: pocketbook,kobo
I know right! thats the same point I made for the inkpad 3, although now that I think about it, at the time of manufacturing it does not make much sense from the material heat tolerances, think of the first baking for the card creation, and then a second baking for the device pcb assembly... it would certantly cause a few extra problems

But still, I also want to see inside
sdfgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2019, 01:06 PM   #6
bonnerable
Connoisseur
bonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kobo Mini, Glo HD, Inkbook Prime HD, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfgg View Post
The touch lux 4 has an sd slot. Would have been perfect if it has warm/orange light. Though I understand the feature is reserved for the higher end models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakonema View Post
Oh wow! It looks like it does have a backplate, though not full due to the battery. Too bad the owner broke his screen.
bonnerable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 04:45 AM   #7
anonymust
Book Reader
anonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Pocketbook *** (Touch HD 3)
I need to save this link (just incase I break mine �� )

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry85804906

Note to self/keywords: "Touch HD 3 Screen" "THD3" "Broken Screen" "replacement screen"
anonymust is offline   Reply With Quote