Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-20-2017, 05:07 PM   #1
BadAngel
BadAngel began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 10 tablet
Question Managing multiple series in custom data fields

I have many anthologies in my library containing books from different series and authors. I add the names of all authors in the book to the author field and can sort, search, etc. without problems. I cannot do this in the series field, so I created additional series fields in custom data. My question is, is there any way to add all series from the original field to the custom fields so they are available in the drop down menu and link them so the series will increase incrementally in both fields?
BadAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:27 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
EPUBSPLIT plugin is the only (reasonable) way if more than 2.
Break them appart and mark each as needed

I have a second series-like custom column, I use for when a series crosses with another (eg Joanna Brady and J. P. Beaumont)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:17 PM   #3
BadAngel
BadAngel began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 10 tablet
Thanks theducks!! Not what I wanted to hear but you always come to the rescue!!
BadAngel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plugin?, series