Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #16
eshahinfar
eshahinfar will become famous soon enougheshahinfar will become famous soon enougheshahinfar will become famous soon enougheshahinfar will become famous soon enougheshahinfar will become famous soon enougheshahinfar will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
No problems: sources + bin.
But i did not test it...
Hi
Thank you so much for building .bin files for these two keyboard.
It was a great help.
eshahinfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:31 AM   #17
dhia
dhia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks

Hi

Thanks for the great work. How would you rate the device in reading Arabic books (pdf)?

Thanks
dhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 12:27 PM   #18
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 5
Is it possible to explain the procedure for translating the keyboard?
donMaranzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 09:18 AM   #19
isfarid
isfarid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboyaman View Post
Here is the final work .
In order to install you have to do these following steps :
1. Install Russian Language keyboard " Update_kbd_ru_1.0_k5x_install.bin"
2.Select Russian Keyboard.
3. Pusth the file "it" into this location : /var/local/keyboard . Or its contents into "it" file and replace the existing file .
4.Restart Kindle Paperwhite 1.
5.Enjoy Arabic Keyboard
6.شكرا لكم
7.If there is any problem Just tell me .
Ps: Files are in the attachments . I used WinSCP to put files in my kindle pw1.
Hello Brother:

I have Kindle PW 2 with 5.6.2.1 firmware. who can i install Arabic keyboard to it and don't understand how to use winscp and access the root?

If i logged in from Linux OS can i see the sys files?

Thanks in advance!
isfarid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:38 AM   #20
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by isfarid View Post
I have Kindle PW 2 with 5.6.2.1 firmware. who can i install Arabic keyboard to it and don't understand how to use winscp and access the root?
Unfortunately, 5.6.x firmware Kindle devices can't be jailbroken without opening the device and adding a serial port.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:03 AM   #21
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 5
Is it possible someone to explain the procedure?
donMaranzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:11 PM   #22
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
To jailbreak over the serial port?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=254400
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 02:30 PM   #23
isfarid
isfarid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I see. Thanks for reply
isfarid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:19 AM   #24
shobair
shobair began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 7th Generation E-reader
how to install " Update_kbd_ru_1.0_k5x_install.bin"?

thank you for creating such keyboard. but please tell me how to install " Update_kbd_ru_1.0_k5x_install.bin"?
thnx
shobair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 11:46 AM   #25
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shobair View Post
thank you for creating such keyboard. but please tell me how to install " Update_kbd_ru_1.0_k5x_install.bin"?
thnx
If your firmware is newer, you need to install it with MRPI (MobileRead Package Installer), which is a KUAL extension. For older firmwares, you can just drop the update*.bin file on the shared Kindle USB drive, and launch it with "Menu/Settings/Menu/Update Your Kindle". For MRPI installation methods (required by newer kindle firmwares), read the instructions provide with KUAL and MRPI.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 06:49 PM   #26
K+kue
K+kue began at the beginning.

Device: pw3 fw 5.6.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
If your firmware is newer, you need to install it with MRPI (MobileRead Package Installer), which is a KUAL extension. For older firmwares, you can just drop the update*.bin file on the shared Kindle USB drive, and launch it with "Menu/Settings/Menu/Update Your Kindle". For MRPI installation methods (required by newer kindle firmwares), read the instructions provide with KUAL and MRPI.
My device : pw3
Firmware version: kindle 5.6.5
I have used MRPI
But "package destroyed" !
What can I do?
thnx
K+kue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 07:24 PM   #27
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
This is most likely very much NOT compatible with newer FW/devices, which is why it gets snuffed by MRPI.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 04:02 AM   #28
K+kue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
This is most likely very much NOT compatible with newer FW/devices, which is why it gets snuffed by MRPI.
please
I need this keyboard in my pw3
Old 05-15-2016, 06:08 AM   #29
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by K+kue View Post
please
I need this keyboard in my pw3
It is Russian not Arabic.

So at least tell us which keyboard you want (your posting in a thread about an Arabic keyboard but mentioning the package name of the Russian keyboard).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 06:33 AM   #30
K+kue

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It is Russian not Arabic.

So at least tell us which keyboard you want (your posting in a thread about an Arabic keyboard but mentioning the package name of the Russian keyboard).

Yes, I need the Arabic keyboard, but the package does not work in my pw3 .
And The package destroyed with MRPI .