Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-14-2018, 08:06 AM   #1
alvises
alvises began at the beginning.

Device: reMarkable, Boox Max2, iPad Pro
Boox Max2/Note Note app Templates

Hi,

I'd like to use the squares template. Unfortunately I think the lines are too dark, thick and squares too big (there are also rendering issues of the lines).

I've tried to see in the device filesystem if I can find the template but I didn't find anything. Anyone succeeded to find the template files? Are images or some other kind of files ?
alvises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 02:57 PM   #2
Perry R
Perry R began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max2
I agree, all of the templates are too bold to be useful to me. This is one reason for wishing OneNote would work without latency.
Perry R is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2018, 06:26 AM   #3
charliebub
Connoisseur
charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Max2
Hi, yes - I'd like a template with slightly narrower lines for the look of 'normal' A4 notebook paper that I'm used to using.
If the latency of the pen with 3rd party apps were fixed the Max2 would I think become an absolutely stunning device - although having had mine for a week or so and used it heavily for note-taking I think it's nearly that already, except for this one badly-needed fix.

I've found, as mentioned by others, that a lot of apps are far too tiny to read the buttons and text etc in use, and are therefore pretty-much useless. For example I find 'TotalCommander' (I think that's what it's called) file manager is unusable as the labels for buttons and functions/menus etc are much too small with the high resolution of the Max2's screen.... A BIG disappointment.

However, I find that as long as I don't fall into the tempting trap of trying to get the Max2 to work as if it were a full-on colour tablet all-rounder, by installing loads of apps that I would use on such a general-purpose colour LCD tablet, I am very satisfied indeed with it's performance.

I find it to be superb for taking notes, annotating PDFs, adding side-notes to PDFs (ultimately of course to become extra-inserted pages when exported to a new PDF version) and of course reading PDFs.

So-far I love the Max2 - it is absolutely fast enough to be fit-for-purpose. In fact it's very quick indeed at performing all functions I've found.
Having had the Note 10.3 before this Max2 I can categorically assure anyone that may think the larger Max2 will be in some way slower that the Note 10.3 not to worry! The Max2 is everything the Note 10.3 is and a very-nearly A4-size as a bonus. This device is superb, and FAST.

I too would love to have a facility to make custom templates.

John B.
charliebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:05 PM   #4
charliebub
Connoisseur
charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Well, the 'Chines update' has solved that problem! It's now simply a matter of making your own template and saving it as a .png file in the Note-teplate folder.

I made a 'narrow-ruled' template simply by creating a new note-page, switching to the 'dots' template, drawing all the narrow-spaced lines in a nice thin pencil-width using the line-drawing tool then 'turned off the dots template' leaving a page full of nice thin, narrow-spaced lines.
Then simply exported this page as a .png file and moved it into the templates folder - hey-presto a new, narrow-spaced lines template.

Very-handy indeed!
Old 06-25-2018, 08:52 PM   #5
doandongnguyen
doandongnguyen began at the beginning.

Device: Dpt-rp1
I just created templates such as Cornell notes, grid lines or timetable in pdf files then use neoreader to take note. Although taking note experience in NeoReader is not good as the note app, it is acceptable
doandongnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2018, 03:21 AM   #6
charliebub
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by doandongnguyen View Post
I just created templates such as Cornell notes, grid lines or timetable in pdf files then use neoreader to take note. Although taking note experience in NeoReader is not good as the note app, it is acceptable
There's one BIG extra when note-taking with Neoreader in PDF, the ability to zoom-in and continue 'scribbling'. This enables the addition to any drawing, diagram etc, of the very tiniests - detail. When for example drawing on a 'zoomed-in' area (of a PDF with Neaoreader that is) of a drawing with say the size-2 pen width - the pen looks and behaves normally 'on the screen' and when zoomed-back-out to normal size, the lines drawn are still in the same size relative to the zoomed-in screen! Meaning that tiny details remain tiny!

I've been able easily to add details so fine to some plant sketches that they are only readable when zoomed-in. This enables essentially the creation of a so-called 'deep-zoom' drawing etc!
I even added some tiny writing (which of course was normal size when zoomed-in to write it) that was just a teeny mark when zoomed back to normal - 'secret writing'!

John B.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:48 AM   #7
doandongnguyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebub View Post
There's one BIG extra when note-taking with Neoreader in PDF, the ability to zoom-in and continue 'scribbling'. This enables the addition to any drawing, diagram etc, of the very tiniests - detail. When for example drawing on a 'zoomed-in' area (of a PDF with Neaoreader that is) of a drawing with say the size-2 pen width - the pen looks and behaves normally 'on the screen' and when zoomed-back-out to normal size, the lines drawn are still in the same size relative to the zoomed-in screen! Meaning that tiny details remain tiny!

I've been able easily to add details so fine to some plant sketches that they are only readable when zoomed-in. This enables essentially the creation of a so-called 'deep-zoom' drawing etc!
I even added some tiny writing (which of course was normal size when zoomed-in to write it) that was just a teeny mark when zoomed back to normal - 'secret writing'!

John B.
However, There are some problems that I am not sure you notice. I take a lot of notes, even sketches and mind mapping. Sometime NeoReader did not show my notes, sometimes the eraser removed all my notes.... That is tiresome. I need to reboot my device.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:11 AM   #8
leojab
leojab began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
@doandongnguyen are you facing this issue on the new v1.9.0 firmware or the earlier 1.8.3?
leojab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:03 AM   #9
doandongnguyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by leojab View Post
@doandongnguyen are you facing this issue on the new v1.9.0 firmware or the earlier 1.8.3?
On 1.8.3 firmware. I think that some guys report it on bbs (the official site of Onyx)
Old 02-14-2019, 05:40 AM   #10
M.I.H
M.I.H began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox note
Here are some .png Note Templates for Onyx Boox Max 2 / Note devices for anyone that might want them. Black page for writing drawing with white ink, and a series of lined pages with varying line widths both black lines on white and white lines on black.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Black Page.png
Views:	872
Size:	427 Bytes
ID:	169705   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lined Page 1 neg.png
Views:	3065
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	169706   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lined Page 1.png
Views:	1064
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	169707   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lined Page 1_5 neg.png
Views:	982
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	169708   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lined Page 1_5.png
Views:	1198
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	169709   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lined Page 2 neg.png
Views:	685
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	169710   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lined Page 2.png
Views:	1749
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	169711   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lined Title Space neg.png
Views:	730
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	169712   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lined Title Space.png
Views:	1133
Size:	2.0 KB
ID:	169713   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lined Page 2_5 neg.png
Views:	1708
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	169714   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lined Page 2_5.png
Views:	990
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	169715  
M.I.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:38 AM   #11
Robert Bitzer
Enthusiast
Robert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air, Kindle Oasis2, Sony PRS-650
Thank you for posting these!
Robert Bitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:37 AM   #12
Perry R
Perry R began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry R View Post
I agree, all of the templates are too bold to be useful to me. This is one reason for wishing OneNote would work without latency.
Yes! A thousand times yes.
Perry R is offline   Reply With Quote