Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-23-2018, 06:56 PM   #1
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab S5E 12" Tablet
The Annotated Jane Austen e-books

Has anybody read these? How good are they? I'm always a sucker for annotated books.
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:26 PM   #2
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The ones from Bethany House Publishers?

I found the annotations to be more fan commentary then scholarly. I'm not sure I'd have spent more then a nominal amount on the books but the annotation were fun to read as a fellow fan.
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2018, 09:27 AM   #3
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The ones I am talking about are all annotated by David Shapard and published by Anchor Books (a division of Penguin Random House).

The one book I have looked at is The Annotated Mansfield Park. It is the only one my libraries have. What really struck me was that in the first two pages there were over 30 annotations. Plus the book has over 100 illustrations also.

To give a feeling of the added content in this book, the normal epub size of Mansfield Park is about 1Mb whereas this version is 198.5Mb.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:53 PM   #4
Larla
Addict

On a related note, while searching the Brooklyn e-book library, I found that they had all of the Austen Annotated books.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:57 PM   #5
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
where have you found the annotated version? All the ones I found claiming to be annotated, have reviews saying they aren't really the annotated version.
June is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2018, 02:10 PM   #6
Larla
Addict

Check this link:

https://www.amazon.com/Annotated-Pri.../dp/B007JC6L3C

You can also search your libraries under titles for: *annotated*

Last edited by Larla; 02-06-2018 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:42 PM   #7
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
Thank you Larla
June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:57 PM   #8
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I've been reading The Annotated Northanger Abbey by the same author. The illustrations and notes are excellent.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote