Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-01-2018, 03:58 PM   #121
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Glo HD, H2o2, One, Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Sorry, based on this post, I have no idea what your original problem was. If you are running the metadata update with those options, then you are explicitly setting the date used in the "Date Added" sort to the date the book was added to calibre. The text in the synopsis is just text and is not used in the sort.

If you are using the "Recent" sort, then this a based on the last read date and the date added. Recent firmware uses whichever of these is the latest as the value in the sort.
I have been using the "Recent" sort, and before the 4.9.11311 F/W, it used the latest between last read date and date added to the device, while now it uses the latest between last read date and date added to Calibre.

I have not modified the metadata parameters, so it looks like this F/W acts differently than previous F/Ws for this. This is what I was commenting on. Incidentally, I would prefer the previous sort, though I still want the "added to Calibre" info in the metadata.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 10:31 PM   #122
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Aura ONE, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
I have been using the "Recent" sort, and before the 4.9.11311 F/W, it used the latest between last read date and date added to the device, while now it uses the latest between last read date and date added to Calibre.

I have not modified the metadata parameters, so it looks like this F/W acts differently than previous F/Ws for this. This is what I was commenting on. Incidentally, I would prefer the previous sort, though I still want the "added to Calibre" info in the metadata.
Are you saying you are not running the metadata update in the Kobo Utilities plugin? If so, what you are saying is impossible. The device does not look at that date at all. And, inspecting the database here, the dates are are definitely when the book is added to the device.

If you aren't running the metadata update, I don't understand what the point of your previous post. As you gave the options used in that function, it seemed like you were running the medadata update. And if you are, and don't want the date added to the device set to the date added to calibre, then simply don't choose that option.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 02:33 AM   #123
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Glo HD, H2o2, One, Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Are you saying you are not running the metadata update in the Kobo Utilities plugin? If so, what you are saying is impossible. The device does not look at that date at all. And, inspecting the database here, the dates are are definitely when the book is added to the device.
If you aren't running the metadata update, I don't understand what the point of your previous post. As you gave the options used in that function, it seemed like you were running the medadata update. And if you are, and don't want the date added to the device set to the date added to calibre, then simply don't choose that option.
I do run the metadata update systematically on all my books, and refresh it when I change anything. I'll drop that theme - I'm going away without my computer for a week.
And thank you for all the work you do which makes all the difference with how I'm enjoying my devices.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote