Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-29-2018, 11:18 AM   #16
Otamono
Otamono began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
You are right. The official international release is scheduled (internally) on Monday (2nd of July). It will be available via OTA (cloud). We are still testing and polishing the 1.9.0.
Additionally there will be our extended version available for download. It will be a little bit different to official version. E.g. we are going to enable device PIN protection and offer a feature to disable/enable capacitive layer for active session in order to use some third party apps without palm rejection.
Ah interesting, can you maybe shed some light on the eraser workflow?

Did they really just deleted the feature to delete with the pin of the pen?
Otamono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:36 AM   #17
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otamono View Post
Ah interesting, can you maybe shed some light on the eraser workflow?

Did they really just deleted the feature to delete with the pin of the pen?
Actually it works just fine on my side in the most current pre-release 1.9.0. Press the side button and the tip of the pin works as eraser. Additionally for fine and more agile erasing you can use the white colored pen (change color)
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:18 PM   #18
isaact33
isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx boox m96 & Boox Max 2
I really hope the offical release fixes the major bugs. I updated to the latest pre-release frimware and one of my notes file is stuck on "open files....."
isaact33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:32 PM   #19
Otamono
Otamono began at the beginning.

Quote:
Actually it works just fine on my side in the most current pre-release 1.9.0. Press the side button and the tip of the pin works as eraser. Additionally for fine and more agile erasing you can use the white colored pen (change color)
Ah i must add, I use the reMarkable pen because in combination with a matt screenprotector, it increases the feeling of writing significantly.

So do I read it correctly that your mentioned workflow does not work with the reMarkable pen?
Otamono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:28 PM   #20
luke_nukem
luke_nukem will become famous soon enoughluke_nukem will become famous soon enoughluke_nukem will become famous soon enoughluke_nukem will become famous soon enoughluke_nukem will become famous soon enoughluke_nukem will become famous soon enough

Quote:
You are right. The official international release is scheduled (internally) on Monday (2nd of July). It will be available via OTA (cloud). We are still testing and polishing the 1.9.0.
Additionally there will be our extended version available for download. It will be a little bit different to official version. E.g. we are going to enable device PIN protection and offer a feature to disable/enable capacitive layer for active session in order to use some third party apps without palm rejection.
Extended version sounds exactly like what we need for the actual main release.
luke_nukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:32 PM   #21
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
Quote:
will this be also available for boox 2?
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:55 AM   #22
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
will this be also available for boox 2?
Yes, release prepared for Note and Max2. I didn't test OTA from cloud yet, since we are working with downloadable files. Our extended version should be available next week
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:40 PM   #23
LordP
Zealot
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Booxtor,

No OTA as yet - I'm in NYC.

Any links to where I can download this?
LordP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 04:25 PM   #24
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordP View Post
Booxtor,

No OTA as yet - I'm in NYC.

Any links to where I can download this?
I'm also in the USA. The international version isn't available yet. You can either wait for Booxtor's extended version, which you will be able to download from here when it's ready, or you can check the Onyx International site, here, to download the standard version when it is available. If you go there, be sure to click "English", then "support", then "downloads". Whatever is available will appear there.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:49 PM   #25
LordP
Zealot
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Ah, When Booxstor said, "July 2" I assumed this was the date to attempt the update.

I'm new to Boox so please forgive me. Your links are very helpful, though obscure - no way I could have found those on my own,

I'm new to Boox and not yet familiar with the ins and outs.

Thanks, again.
LordP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 05:23 AM   #26
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordP View Post
Ah, When Booxstor said, "July 2" I assumed this was the date to attempt the update.

I'm new to Boox so please forgive me. Your links are very helpful, though obscure - no way I could have found those on my own,

I'm new to Boox and not yet familiar with the ins and outs.

Thanks, again.
I thought so, too, at first. But he also said that his update would be ready next week.

That said, I have enough experience with Boox updates to know that we should never hold our breath when given a date. Delays are not unusual!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:23 AM   #27
leojab
leojab began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
I have just upgraded to Firmware 1.9.0_cd8c355 in chinese
Have not seen any change log yet?
leojab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 03:20 PM   #28
lugrhum
lugrhum began at the beginning.

I,m afraid... Booxtor seems to be missing in action...
Worst of all, he has lost the promised firmware with him...
lugrhum is offline   Reply With Quote