Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-06-2022, 09:13 AM   #1501
cybtrash
cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch and PW2
Hello!
My wife wants to sort her book collection on her Kindle (PW2 v5.4.2) so I installed this little Addon and the Plugin for Calibre.

But I have a problem: Let's say I want to do this:

Root --
---- > Harry Potter Books ->
--------------------------------> GermanHP --> LotsOfGermanBooks*
--------------------------------> EnglishHP --> LotsOfEnglishBooks*

Then I have a collection "Harry Potter Books" on my Kindle (with the GermanHP / EnglishHP Sub-Collections). This is good.

BUT I also see those GermanHP / EnglishHP "sub-collections" on my Kindle "Root Menu".

But they only should appear in the Harry Potter Books Collection. If I "hide" them via the eye-icon, they disappear everywhere.

What am I doing wrong?

And one more thing: How can I remove a book from a collection? If I try to move it from a collection to root then it does not go away from the collection...

Thank you!

Last edited by cybtrash; 04-06-2022 at 10:14 AM.
cybtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 09:49 AM   #1502
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You can only have one level of collections. You cannot create a tre type structure like you can with directories.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2022, 10:04 AM   #1503
cybtrash
cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch and PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You can only have one level of collections. You cannot create a tre type structure like you can with directories.
Yes I can. This is a feature of this plugin in this thread (see page one)

Quote:
"Features:
Nest collections inside collections"
I only have the problem that I want my nested collections not be visible in "root menu"

EDIT: I just found out, the root cause is my version 5.4.2. Collections manager with nested collections works only till 5.4.0. I'll have to downgrade.

Last edited by cybtrash; 04-06-2022 at 11:01 AM.
cybtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 07:32 AM   #1504
airotkiv
airotkiv began at the beginning.

Device: KV + KOA3
Hi, all,

I confirm that the plugin works perfectly on a KOA3 running 5.13.7. Both methods (LibrarianSync and CalibreCollections) is able to load the json file created by the CC plugin in Calibre.

Collections are not nested and not synced to the cloud so far (a couple of hours). Will update if sync happens after all.
airotkiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 01:20 PM   #1505
Homer55
Enthusiast
Homer55 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
how do I make this plugin stop modifying existing collections?, i have a book, I put it in collection A, I run the plugin, I go to my kindle, I upgrade collections using librariansync (i use update not rebuild), things are ok, I delete book from calibre becuase I don't want to have the same book twice, next time I need to upload a book I run plugin from calibre (book in collection A no longer in calibre) another book also in collection A, previous book not longer in collection A and new book is ok. The thing that has stopped me from finding why is that it doesn't do this always, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.
Homer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2022, 12:10 PM   #1506
VladimirBesoski
VladimirBesoski began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hello, I have just bought a Kindle Paperwhite.
Firmware version is 5.15.1

Is there any way to jailbreak it and install Collection Manager in my device?

Thanks!
VladimirBesoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 12:34 PM   #1507
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Nope.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 09:26 PM   #1508
rebeltaz
Connoisseur
rebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket eDge
I am running a PW3 with firmware v5.13.7 jailbroke with watchthis. I am able to run KUAL, so assume (maybe incorrectly?) that the kindlet kit is installed and working correctly? I have copied the CollectionsManager.azw3 file to the Documents directory on the kindle, right next to KUAL. When I go to the Library, KUAL shows up (and can run) but there is no entry at all for CollectionsManager. Is there a reason why it's not showing up that I might ne missing?
rebeltaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 12:02 AM   #1509
luketheduke
Connoisseur
luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.

Device: PW3, PW2, KT2, 2xKT, 2xK3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltaz View Post
I am running a PW3 with firmware v5.13.7 jailbroke with watchthis. I am able to run KUAL, so assume (maybe incorrectly?) that the kindlet kit is installed and working correctly? I have copied the CollectionsManager.azw3 file to the Documents directory on the kindle, right next to KUAL. When I go to the Library, KUAL shows up (and can run) but there is no entry at all for CollectionsManager. Is there a reason why it's not showing up that I might ne missing?
Unfortunately, Amazon stopped support for Kindlets on recent firmware (v5.11?), so there's no way to run it.

Also, Kindlets (.azw3 files you put in the documents folder) show up in the library with other books and files, not in KUAL.
luketheduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 12:25 AM   #1510
rebeltaz
Connoisseur
rebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by luketheduke View Post
Unfortunately, Amazon stopped support for Kindlets on recent firmware (v5.11?), so there's no way to run it.

Also, Kindlets (.azw3 files you put in the documents folder) show up in the library with other books and files, not in KUAL.
lol... that's me. a day late and a dollar short

Yeah... I knew that the kindlet should show u in the Library. I was under the impression that KUAL was a kindlet as well and since it ran, the other one should too. Still learning here.

So... I see that there is a downgrade option for KUAL. Would I be able to downgrade to a firmware version that COULD run kindlets? Or would I be able to run LibrarianSync with what I have?
Old 04-20-2023, 12:35 AM   #1511
luketheduke
Connoisseur
luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.

Quote:

Yeah... I knew that the kindlet should show u in the Library. I was under the impression that KUAL was a kindlet as well and since it ran, the other one should too. Still learning here.

So... I see that there is a downgrade option for KUAL. Would I be able to downgrade to a firmware version that COULD run kindlets? Or would I be able to run LibrarianSync with what I have?
Newer versions of KUAL are technically booklets which are similar to Kindlets. I'm not familiar with this distinction, all I know is that Kindlets no longer work since 5.8.11 (I just looked it up).

I neither have experience with LibrarianSync, nor with downgrading, but it should certainly be possible to downgrade to an older frameware to use it.
Old 04-20-2023, 01:10 AM   #1512
rebeltaz
Connoisseur

I'll play around with it. Thank you so much for your replies!
Old 04-20-2023, 12:43 PM   #1513
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:

KUAL had to be changed to booklet for firmwares without kindlet support. Trying to install the kindlet KUAL on a too high firmware version is a common error.

PW3 can run as low as 5.6.x, so if you downgrade to 5.8.11 or lower it will run kindlets.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 09:44 PM   #1514
rebeltaz
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
KUAL had to be changed to booklet for firmwares without kindlet support. Trying to install the kindlet KUAL on a too high firmware version is a common error.

PW3 can run as low as 5.6.x, so if you downgrade to 5.8.11 or lower it will run kindlets.
I appreciate it. I got LibrarianSync installed last night and it seems to be working great, so ... for now I'll stick with this, but... if down the road, I did decide to downgrade... where would one look to find said firmwares?
Old 04-20-2023, 10:32 PM   #1515
luketheduke
Connoisseur

Quote:
I appreciate it. I got LibrarianSync installed last night and it seems to be working great, so ... for now I'll stick with this, but... if down the road, I did decide to downgrade... where would one look to find said firmwares?
Find your Kindle here and click the download button.

You should be directed to a new URL that looks like this:
Code:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredownloads/update_kindle_all_new_oasis_v2_5.15.1.1.bin
Change the `5.15.1.1` part to the version you want.

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks