Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-29-2010, 03:24 AM   #1
alandr
alandr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Global
Clock not changed for Daylight saving

Since we switched to Daylight saving 2 days ago in the UK, my Kindle is showing the wrong time. I have my Wireless switched on now (though it wasn't when the clocks changed). Will it change automatically sometime?
alandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:12 AM   #2
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Mine did yesterday from Spain seconds after switch on wireless.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
It should change on its own (mine did)
At worse case turn it off and on
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:29 AM   #4
alandr
alandr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Global
Thanks guys. I have restarted it but still not corrected. Will just have to live with it for 6 months!
alandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:41 AM   #5
dasym
Connoisseur
dasym began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle. iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alandr View Post
Thanks guys. I have restarted it but still not corrected. Will just have to live with it for 6 months!
Mine hasn't changed for British Summer Time either. I've seen another message somewhere suggesting it may be something to do with the mobile carrier not sending signals about DST, so maybe it won't change. Pity, though, there's no way to manually set the time if it's going to be wrong.
dasym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
You can manually reset the time - it's a bit complicated. Search for "USB Networking" threads (I think) - you can access the Kindle Linux OS and use the "date" command to set your clock.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:13 AM   #7
dasym
Connoisseur
dasym began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle. iPad 3
Amazon CS say it's the fault of the wireless operator. I suggested it was bad design not to provide an easy way for the user to correct the time.

Thanks, poohbear_nc, for suggesting a way to change the time - I might give that a try.
dasym is offline   Reply With Quote