Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-16-2010, 04:21 AM   #1
beanian
beanian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Kindle 2: random typing of buttons

Hi Guys,
I think a ghost is haunting my Kindle! I recently purchased a US kindle (I live in ireland) running 2.0.4 firmware. Everything was fine for the first week or so and last night while reading the search box popped up and 5 random letters were entered into the search box. When i clear the search box it just keeps happening again & again. It makes the Kindle 2 unusable. A full reboot sorts the issue temporarily but it eventually returns.
Any ideas?
Ian
beanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
That's a new one on me. Maybe if you do a manual update to the new 2.3 firmware, it will get rid of your ghosts (you'll get some basic pdf support as well). Otherwise you may have email Amazon Customer Support for assistance.

Good luck and let us know if you do the update and if it works.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Are your fingers, or part of a cover or case, putting any pressure on the keypad?
I often find ghost typing in a search box when I pick up my Kindle in its cover - apparently I tend to grab it over the keyboard and push the keys.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:52 AM   #4
beanian
beanian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Hi Guys,
I updated the firmware to 2.3 and the issue is even worse now! There is no cover on the kindle.
It looks like it is going to have to go back to Amazon
beanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:41 AM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanian View Post
Hi Guys,
I updated the firmware to 2.3 and the issue is even worse now! There is no cover on the kindle.
It looks like it is going to have to go back to Amazon
I'm not sure what you mean by "There is no cover on the Kindle". Have you contacted Amazon Customer Support via email for help?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert