Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-07-2017, 10:17 AM   #1
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
If you still use your nook HD+

Hi,
I still have 2 nook HD+ tablets that I have installed android 5.1.1 on. They do not run well. Many apps won't open. The screen goes black and I end up having to hold down the power key until it reboots. I do know that it's old hardware, but I see others here saying that theirs is running great. What firmware are you using? I may return to stock firmware if performance will improve. I'm just trying to get a little more use out of them. They had better resolution than the new fire tablets, so I figure we could use them when we go camping instead of bringing our good stuff out there.

Sorry if this was the wrong place to post this.

Penny
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:01 PM   #2
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
My Nook HD+ has version 2.2.1 on it and when I check for updates it says none are available. I do still use it a lot and don't have issues with apps running although it is slow.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2017, 02:12 PM   #3
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystika1 View Post
Hi,
I still have 2 nook HD+ tablets that I have installed android 5.1.1 on. They do not run well. Many apps won't open. The screen goes black and I end up having to hold down the power key until it reboots. I do know that it's old hardware, but I see others here saying that theirs is running great. What firmware are you using? I may return to stock firmware if performance will improve. I'm just trying to get a little more use out of them. They had better resolution than the new fire tablets, so I figure we could use them when we go camping instead of bringing our good stuff out there.

Sorry if this was the wrong place to post this.

Penny
I've using CM11 (cm-11-20151122-NIGHTLY-ovation) since it first came out and until the last few months I have been very happy with its performance. Now some of the commonly used apps start to get "laggy", probably because they have been updated to optimize for the newer Android 6.x and later. I had briefly tried CM12.1 -- the apps were very snappy at first but within a few weeks slowed down to a crawl, so I reverted back to CM11.

I am now tempted to try out CM14/LN14 but have not been able to figured out which particular release to pick.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:28 AM   #4
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by livramax View Post
I've using CM11 (cm-11-20151122-NIGHTLY-ovation) since it first came out and until the last few months I have been very happy with its performance. Now some of the commonly used apps start to get "laggy", probably because they have been updated to optimize for the newer Android 6.x and later.
I am now tempted to try out CM14/LN14 but have not been able to figured out which particular release to pick.
Over the weekend I updated the CM11 firmware on my HD+ to the latest & likely final CM11 version (cm-11-20160815-NIGHTLY-ovation), but still no improvement in the apps' poor responsiveness.

So I took the plunge and flashed the latest Lineage 14.1 firmware (available at https://notredame.app.box.com/s/26a4...w/1/3480156918). So far I am very pleased with the performance improvement (very comparable to the best performance I used to get with CM11).

Last edited by livramax; 01-09-2017 at 07:45 PM.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:31 PM   #5
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
My trusty Nook HD+ is still on firmware 2.2.1. It still works just fine. Sure its not as zippy fast as my newest tablet, but it still works fast enough. I do basic things on it almost every day and especially like it for reading ebooks....love the larger screen.
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert