Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-09-2009, 03:58 PM   #46
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaser View Post
You mean it's GREAT? That's wonderful!

Oh, no, wait a minute, you must have meant it's COMING SOON, 'imminent'.

Griff's been slack on you lately, SOMEONE's gotta take it up!
I'm just letting him get his breath back after the heavy shipping he's had to deal with. Although here in a couple days, he'll have much more to do with shipping the coloured eunuchs units.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #47
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
I would buy a Theasaurus...
Robert, as Steven Wright said, "What's another word for thesaurus?"
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #48
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
much more to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
I'm just letting him get his breath back after the heavy shipping he's had to deal with. Although here in a couple days, he'll have much more to do with shipping the coloured eunuchs units.

Dear Griffonwing:

Yes, what we went through with the Black and White Pre-Orders is nothing compared to when we ship all six at once. We went a bit crazy over the Black and White shipment. Now we have to tighten up, make no mistakes, and ship Mr. Griffie a Slate Blue and not a Fuscia Pink.

In a way, it is wonderful to be busy! I like this very much until it gets to be early in the morning.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:54 PM   #49
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Put in the complete Blues Traveler discography and it will help you keep up and keep busy!
Old 09-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #50
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
We went a bit crazy over the Black and White shipment. Now we have to tighten up, make no mistakes, and ship Mr. Griffie a Slate Blue and not a Fuscia Pink.
<in the voice of Jim Carrey from "The Liar"...>

"I CAN'T STOP the CLAW of the PRANKSTER! MUST send Fuscia Pink PEZ to Griffonwing!!!!"

ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:49 PM   #51
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Dear Astak

This device is being returned. It no longer works. I think it shorted out due to the deluge of heart-broken tears that I was unable to refrain. You might want to look into a more water-resistant casing for your next version.

PS. Give Robertb a wedgie for me and tell him to overnight me a blue reader. Send the bill to his parrot. It seems it jumped ship and flew away to Robert. I think he has it locked up in the company broom closet.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #52
KarateMonkey
Connoisseur
KarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litter

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarateMonkey View Post
I'll have to double check when I get home.

I bet calibre is doing something. The two odt files I have were created in open office. I imported them with calibre, and converted to epub. When I got the Pocket Pro I just copied the entire calibre directory over since I knew I wanted to play around with different file types. When I click on the files in calibre they still show as having an odt and an ePub version, but I wonder now if it isn't converting to rtf for it's own purpose.
So, I'm home now and I've had a chance to check. The problem is my faulty memory. At some point I must have made mobi versions of the two books and forgotten about it. I thought there were only two files in the directory, the odt and the ePub. The file names are too long to display the extension on the Pocket Pro, and I mistook the mobi icon for an rtf. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up.
KarateMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:19 AM   #53
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
There is little reason to turn off the PP, but if you do so then when you reboot you get back to the root of the file system. Not in the directory (folder) or ebook you exited from. The last ebook you were reading should be number one in "Recent files" and it should have your last location memorized even if you turn off inside the ebook. At least it did when I tried turning off inside an ebook, although I would normally exit the ebook and then turn off - just to be sure to save the last read location.
I've been turning it off completely (my bad ) every time I stop using it, I forgot I could simply use the power button to put it to sleep... You are right, it always returns to the root and the book you were reading is the first one. It also always goes back to wherever you were reading, so that has been tested many times by me :P
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:36 AM   #54
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
II forgot I could simply use the power button to put it to sleep.
Use the power button to lock the keyboard if you need to, but it goes to sleep automatically anyway. Since accidental keyboard presses are unlikely except when carrying the device, I almost never use the power button.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote