Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 05-16-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
KimnCocoa
KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle Keyboard & 2 Coolers
Unhappy Any way to fix...

The screen on the cooler? I think mine got torked. :-( If it's not possible... anyone know anyplace that has any old ones still available for sale? I have a Kindle also but really really really like my cooler too. Thanks
KimnCocoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
Qxr
Enthusiast
Qxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it is

Device: lbook V3, iRex DR800SG
Ebay. Or get a Kindle 2 and use its e-ink screen to replace Cool-er's. It's really easy if you can handle a screwdriver.
Qxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:42 AM   #3
panda53
Connoisseur
panda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch and shared Kindle
Elonex are selling off some cool-er ereaders for £49.99 on Amazon uk:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...=hotukdeals-21

I know there were problems, but I love mine - I especially love the open system, and would never buy a kindle to be locked into just one ebook seller.

Good luck,
panda53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
KimnCocoa
KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle Keyboard & 2 Coolers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qxr View Post
Ebay. Or get a Kindle 2 and use its e-ink screen to replace Cool-er's. It's really easy if you can handle a screwdriver.
If I can find K2 that is torked but not the screen... hints on what to do? And would any other eInk reader screen work?
KimnCocoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:19 PM   #5
Qxr
Enthusiast
Qxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it is

Device: lbook V3, iRex DR800SG
1. You can google for "kindle 2 disassemble" to find necessary instructions.
2. Not any. Those from Kindle 3 and Sony PRS 650 are not compatible with Cool-er, Sony PRS 500's and Kindle 1's are, but they are of an older generation (lower contrast), Nook and Sony PRS 505 have their screens glued. So Kindle 2 or another Netronix' clone are the best donor candidates.
Qxr is offline   Reply With Quote