Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-01-2018, 04:09 PM   #46
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@7hir7een: /sys is a virtual filesystem populated by the Linux kernel, so by virtue of Linux's own license, you should be in the clear .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:44 PM   #47
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@7hir7een: Well, at least it's not something new, there's always been something wonky in the way pageturn keys can be inhibited by the system since the KV...

And since part of it appears to be tied to the windows manager, and we inhibit that, that feels like an intractable situation...

So, last ditch experiment:

Can you try running
Code:
lipc-set-prop -i com.lab126.winmgr grip_enabled 0
*before* launching KOReader, but *after* having launched KUAL?
Advert
Old 07-01-2018, 05:09 PM   #48
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@7hir7een: Oops?. (I did it again? ^^)
Old 07-01-2018, 05:21 PM   #49
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@7hir7een: Oops?. (I did it again? ^^)
that did the trick, alright

With those fixes, it appears everything (basic, at least -- I haven't tried anything fancy) works. Opening/displaying files, the various formatting settings, night mode, frontlight adjustments, accelerometer, and page turn buttons

Thank you so much, again, for your work in making the KOA2 a much more pleasant device to use!
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:14 PM   #50
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@7hir7een: Yay! Thank you very much for your tests (again ^^), despite those god-awful reboots .
Advert
Old 07-01-2018, 07:14 PM   #51
NiLuJe
BLAM!

OTA 1754 should be up, with *all* the required fixes, this time .
Old 07-01-2018, 08:29 PM   #52
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
OTA 1754 should be up, with *all* the required fixes, this time .
KOReader works well in "no framework" mode. It takes a second or two to flip to the right orientation sometimes, but once it's there, it works well. The file directory showed an ePub book I placed on my KOA2. I could open it, turn pages, get the various menus to appear, change font size, and so on.

I'm not running into any problems yet. Yay! Thanks again!
downeaster59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:33 PM   #53
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Be aware that the "no framework" mode (besides being of dubious usefulness there) is severely hampered on FW 5.x, preventing basically anything low-level but framework-related (buttons, suspend, screensavers if SO, among other things) from working properly and/or at all.

It's main use-case was for the DX/DXg and its combo of limited RAM and larger screen, making it a tight fit in terms of availmable memory.

That doesn't really apply to anything w/ 512MB of RAM, a switch which happened, err, a while ago .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-01-2018 at 08:36 PM.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:38 PM   #54
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Be aware that the "no framework" mode (besides being of dubious usefulness there) is severely hampered on FW 5.x, preventing basically anything low-level but framework-related (buttons, suspend, screensavers if SO, among other things) from working properly and/or at all.

It's main use-case was for the DX/DXg and its combo of limited RAM and larger screen, making it a tight fit in terms of availmable memory.

That doesn't really apply to anything w/ 512MB of RAM, a switch which happened, err, a while ago .
When I use the "regular" mode, KOReader freezes constantly. That's why I went to "no framework".

Should I send you the crash log?

Edit: Just tried it again in "regular" mode. I try to open one book and another menu opens. Then it freezes.

Edit #2: Here's the crash.log, if it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip crash.log.zip (4.7 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by downeaster59; 07-01-2018 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-01-2018, 09:46 PM   #55
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@downeaster59: That definitely sounds fishy. Nothing jumps out from the log, although there are a couple of weird things...

The quickest way to figure out what's happening would be strace'ing the hung process... .
Barring that, switching to debug mode might yield some more info, or it may not .

EDIT: Stupid question time: Which exact model variant is it?

Compared to, let's say, @7hir7een's? ^^

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-01-2018 at 10:39 PM.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:20 AM   #56
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
Mine's a G000 S109*
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:24 AM   #57
Lepri
Lepri began at the beginning.

Device: KOA2
2NiLuJe

Thank you very much! All is working perfectly. I tried it with framework. No freezes.
My is 32GB Wi-Fi+Cellular
G000S1
Lepri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:04 AM   #58
nystagmus
Connoisseur
nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Boox Max Lumi 2, Kobo Forma, Topjoy Butterfly E601
this thread is getting really interesting, can some one upload a photo with koreader running on the device?
I have the firmware 5.9.5, which is not jail-breakable, is there anything new in this regard? meanwhile I am trying to get my hand on an older version kindle right now.
nystagmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:09 AM   #59
PromethiumL
PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: KOA2
Thumbs up

That's exciting for every KOA2 user !(jailbroken, HAHA..)
Now I'm going to try it. XD
PromethiumL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 05:39 AM   #60
downeaster59
Wizard

Mine is a G000 P812, running 5.9.6.1 firmware. WiFi only, 8 gb internal storage.

Last edited by downeaster59; 07-02-2018 at 05:47 AM.

Tags
koa2, koreader