Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-19-2018, 02:11 AM   #1
KindleGeek
KindleGeek began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 8th Generation (KT3)
Question Jailbreak Kindle Gen 8

I am new here and was looking to find a way to Jailbreak my Kindle 8th Generation.

My Kindle is running firmware 5.9.4 (3278730047)
The serial number: G000 K905 **** ****
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZV9PXP2/ref=kods_xs_dp_oop

P.S: Just bought one in February.

Last edited by KindleGeek; 03-19-2018 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Giving More Information
KindleGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:12 AM   #2
KindleGeek

Please help

Last edited by KindleGeek; 03-19-2018 at 02:19 AM.
Advert
Old 03-19-2018, 02:14 AM   #3
KindleGeek

It's the new one. Not paperwhite though.

Last edited by KindleGeek; 03-19-2018 at 02:21 AM.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:24 AM   #4
garlic
garlic began at the beginning.

Device: KT3, KOA2
I am in the same boat. I have a Kindle 8, with firmware version 5.9.4.

I understand there is no software jailbreak for this version of firmware (see the wiki). I think the only option, at this stage, is to use the serial jailbreak method. This involves opening up the Kindle, soldering and running commands. I'm afraid that I might stuff up my Kindle, knowing my skills with the soldering iron.

This thread refers to jailbreaking the Kindle Paperwhite 3 with 5.9.4 using the serial jailbreak method, but I think the same applies to the Kindle 8. No guarantees it works for the Kindle 8 though. I haven't seen any reports that it does.
garlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:32 AM   #5
KindleGeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlic View Post
I am in the same boat. I have a Kindle 8, with firmware version 5.9.4.

I understand there is no software jailbreak for this version of firmware (see the wiki). I think the only option, at this stage, is to use the serial jailbreak method. This involves opening up the Kindle, soldering and running commands. I'm afraid that I might stuff up my Kindle, knowing my skills with the soldering iron.

Yeah, even I don't want to mess up with insides of my Kindle
Advert
Old 03-19-2018, 06:26 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is no software jailbreak for firmware 5.9.4. If you bought your Kindle thinking you can jailbreak it, you are out of luck. You have two choices. Use it as is or return it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:57 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleGeek View Post
I am new here and was looking to find a way to Jailbreak my Kindle 8th Generation.

My Kindle is running firmware 5.9.4 (3278730047)
The serial number: G000 K905 **** ****
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZV9PXP2/ref=kods_xs_dp_oop

P.S: Just bought one in February.
Quote:
Please help
Quote:
It's the new one. Not paperwhite though.
Hmm...
Two minutes between each of three posts at 1am....
Unless you have purchased an all inclusive, super, fantastic, elastic, paid support contract here, an answer in 1 or 2 days is much more realistic than 1 or 2 minutes.
(crap, you can't even get a drink in a bar in 2 minutes at 1am, even if you own the bar - get real and learn the world does not revolve around yourself)

Use the first six characters of your serial number and this table:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
To learn what our nickname is for your particular model Kindle.
You will need that nickname at this site, everything is listed, indexed, prefixed and/or referenced to that nickname.

"Generation" terminology is Sales and Marketing labels, they can vary from region to region.

Now that you have the nickname, and therefore know what to look for ...
Find that your only choice currently is to use the serial port.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541

You don't have to wait to find out if it works for your model/firmware combination, just read the first post of the thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by First post
These instructions were created on a Paperwhite 2. Physical differences aside, they will work on any kindle that:
  • Has a firmware version in the 5.x.y series
  • Is a touchscreen Kindle model
That means you, your device, with your firmware version.
(The procedure is based on hardware characteristics common to all touchscreen devices, EXCEPT the two Oasis models.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:04 AM   #8
KindleGeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Hmm...
Two minutes between each of three posts at 1am....
Unless you have purchased an all inclusive, super, fantastic, elastic, paid support contract here, an answer in 1 or 2 days is much more realistic than 1 or 2 minutes.
(crap, you can't even get a drink in a bar in 2 minutes at 1am, even if you own the bar - get real and learn the world does not revolve around yourself)
I live in India not in United States
Old 03-20-2018, 01:08 AM   #9
KindleGeek

Question

My Kindle Nick Name is KT3 but I am not using Kindle Touch 3 so why is my nickname same as Kindle Touch 3?

Last edited by KindleGeek; 03-20-2018 at 01:11 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:20 AM   #10
02xda2
moddedmad
02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I live in India not in United States
Hey,

That doesn't mean you can still get answers within an interval of one or two minutes...; instead of posting on impulse, please spare some time in the forum going thru the content and especially using THIS
02xda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:06 AM   #11
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
My Kindle Nick Name is KT3 but I am not using Kindle Touch 3 so why is my nickname same as Kindle Touch 3?
You can learn about how the KT2 and KT3 nicknames came about by searching this forum.

You are using what we call a Kindle Touch 3
(the third Kindle with the IR scanner touchscreen introduced on the Kindle Touch, all other touch screen models use a capacitive touchscreen).
Otherwise, they are the second and third version of the K4 (motherboard is Wifi-Only. Open all three devices (K4, KT2, KT3) and lay them side-by-side, you can see the similarity).
But that name can't be extended (the extension would be the K42 and K43).

Last edited by knc1; 03-20-2018 at 08:15 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:57 PM   #12
KindleGeek

Ok. Thanks. I missunderstood what knc1 told about timing. I thought knc1 meant that how can I post at 1 a.m. I am also sorry about the impulse messeges. Thanks for all your kind informations.

Sent from my Kindle
Old 03-22-2018, 02:57 PM   #13
KindleGeek

Ok. Thanks. I missunderstood what knc1 told about timing. I thought knc1 meant that how can I post at 1 a.m. I am also sorry about the impulse messeges. Thanks for all your kind informations.

Sent from my Kindle

Tags
jailbreak, kindle 8th generation