Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-02-2014, 09:06 AM   #1
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
File name syntax change, existing files?

Hi all!
I accidentally added all my books as <title> - <author> in Calibre.

Not sure if that's default, or if I messed up as a n00b a few years ago.

Anyway, I want to change the file names for my 250 existing Calibre books to format <author> - <title> in my Calibre library.

Is there an easy way to do it?

How do you recommend going about it?
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:59 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Do you mean you have the wrong values in the title and author fields at the Calibre level, or are you talking about the underlying file structure?

If it is the underlying file structure then you cannot change that - and it is determined by what you have in the author and title fields at the Calibre level.

If it is wrong at the Calibre level then there is an option in the (Bulk) Edit Metadata dialogs to swap over the author and title fields.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2014, 01:12 PM   #3
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Thanks for the response. Sorry I was a bit unclear!

I meant the file name in the Calibre folder, after the book was added to to Calibre and Calibre has created a new copy of the file and re-named it based on metadata.

So my books are called The Hobbit - JRR Tolkien.epub
I want them to be called JRR Tolkien - The Hobbit.epub.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:17 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by martienne View Post
Thanks for the response. Sorry I was a bit unclear!

I meant the file name in the Calibre folder, after the book was added to to Calibre and Calibre has created a new copy of the file and re-named it based on metadata.

So my books are called The Hobbit - JRR Tolkien.epub
I want them to be called JRR Tolkien - The Hobbit.epub.
You can't change that. calibre will always save books as {title} - {author}.{format}

You could always tell calibre that the title is really the author, and the author is really the title, and thus trick calibre into swapping the two, but why do you need this in the first place? let calibre handle the file locations for you, and you can always export in any template pattern you like.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:55 PM   #5
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
You can't change that. calibre will always save books as {title} - {author}.{format}

You could always tell calibre that the title is really the author, and the author is really the title, and thus trick calibre into swapping the two, but why do you need this in the first place? let calibre handle the file locations for you, and you can always export in any template pattern you like.

Oh allright! If that's the NORM I won't change it.
I thought I had accidentally changed it, or that I had the wrong setting.
I want to have the same naming convention as everyone else, and I thought that was author - title, but I must have been wrong.
Advert
Old 02-09-2014, 08:48 AM   #6
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
I am a tad confused martienne. You are referring to the filename in the folders in the calibre library? OR to the title?

Is what appears in the title column the correct title and what appears in the author column the correct author?
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote