Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
gmask
gmask has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gmask has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gmask has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gmask has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Exclamation [SOLVED] Help! I need to un-jailbreak my Kindle 3 Keyboard

I need to uninstall my Kindle 3 Keyboard fw 3.4 jailbreak. Unfortunately I used an older version of the jailbreak and the most recent version's uninstaller doesn't appear to be working (can still install screensaver/font hacks).

I do not remember the JB version I installed, so I plan on just downloading all of them and trying them one by one. The problem is I don't know where to find the older versions of the JB; the thread here only lists the latest version.

I am attempting to install Duokan, and it requires an un-jailbroken Kindle (get U007 error when I attempt to install the b008.bin).

Last edited by gmask; 07-03-2013 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Change status to fixed
gmask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:39 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the Developers' forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA

Last edited by knc1; 07-03-2013 at 02:48 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@gmask: You're gonna need to remember exactly *which* jailbreak you used, because if you tried my latest uninstaller and your device is still jailbroken, then it wasn't mine .

Hint: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122519

And *restart* your Kindle after the uninstall.

@knc1: The FW 3.x jailbreaks are trickier than that . There's no concept of dev private key, so we're bind-mounting our custom key on top the one of Amazon's one dynamically, right before the updater launches, if we detect a custom update package .

That means some versions have a 'broken' uninstaller that doesn't restore the default keys after the uninstall process, hence the need for a full restart to kill the bind mount.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
@NiLuJe: Fixed, thanks.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #6
gmask
gmask has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gmask has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gmask has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gmask has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Got it: ran the latest uninstaller again and then reset to factory and Duokan installed. Yay.
gmask is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
downgrade, duokan, firmware, jailbreak, revert