Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-27-2024, 06:38 AM   #1
Extricated
Extricated began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Is anyone able to debug why my Kindle Oasis randomly restarts from time to time?

I've uploaded my system logs here: https://file.io/FJnv0pazUlYO

The most relevant line seems to be on 2420, where it says: `240327:014506 system: C loginfoslRebootowerd is Dsl, purposefully rebooting`

Is anyone who's better at techy stuff than me able to take a look at this and try to figure out what would be causing this please?

Thank you!

Last edited by Extricated; 03-27-2024 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Fix formatting
Extricated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 12:12 PM   #2
Extricated

Is anyone able to help with this?
Advert
Old 03-31-2024, 02:20 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I went to look at your log files a couple of days back and got a message that the transfer I requested had been deleted.

Perhaps you could try reposting the logs as an attachment to your message (use the paperclip icon or click on Manage Attachments below the message entry box (Additional Options in Advanced mode).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 05:33 PM   #4
Extricated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I went to look at your log files a couple of days back and got a message that the transfer I requested had been deleted.

Perhaps you could try reposting the logs as an attachment to your message (use the paperclip icon or click on Manage Attachments below the message entry box (Additional Options in Advanced mode).
I can see how that would be an issue! I've attached them to this post; the line I mentioned in my post is now line 2,788 - I had to re-export the file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt kindle logs.txt (651.3 KB, 26 views)
Old 04-03-2024, 07:02 AM   #5
Extricated

Just bumping this - still having the same issue!
Advert
Old 04-14-2024, 07:06 PM   #6
Extricated

Bumping once again
Old 04-14-2024, 11:20 PM   #7
axu2
Connoisseur
axu2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
My Kindle Scribe randomly restarted due to an extremely specific set of circumstances.

I loaded fixed layout .mobi files from kindle comic converter into calibre. I modified the author field in calibre. Then used calibre to usb transfer to my kindle.

For some reason, my kindle scribe randomly restarted randomly until I deleted the transferred files. WEIRD. I dunno if this is relevant to you though.

Try a factory reset.

Last edited by axu2; 04-14-2024 at 11:23 PM.
axu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 08:03 AM   #8
Martyd
Zealot
Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard,nexus 7,Kindle Voyage
Did you ever notice if this happens at certain battery levels? See if it happens using it with the charger plugged in.
Martyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 04:58 PM   #9
Extricated

It happens at any battery levels, and persists even after a factory reset.
Old Yesterday, 12:35 AM   #10
readthinksurvive
Connoisseur
readthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmos

Device: kindle oasis; kobo elipsa/libra; pocketbook 741; SNA4X
how is your kindle oasis holding up? is it the 1st version
readthinksurvive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:34 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is the Oasis running the latest firmware?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM   #12
Extricated

It's the newest one, 2019 I believe?

And yes, it's on the latest firmware
Old Today, 05:35 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extricated View Post
It's the newest one, 2019 I believe?

And yes, it's on the latest firmware
One reason for reboots is eBooks with errors. Where are your eBooks coming from?

Another reason is a battery on the way out.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote