Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-21-2018, 06:03 PM   #76
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaact33 View Post
Thanks for your response,
With mines i couldn't find the pin code security so I installed the Android settings apk but only seems to function for me when I switch the language.
NO pin code option in English.

Sorry for the confusion.

Before answering your question, I tested it randomly by switching to Japanese and the pin code option was there so that I thought it works in all language. At that time, I didn't test it in English for I was going to sleep with my device powered off.

Quite weird it has in Japanese but not even in Traditional Chinese. App store should abide by authorization and law in different regions. How about pin code option?

BTW, camera photo translation in Microsoft Translator is useful.
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:15 PM   #77
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post

I lost root, as I thought I would. I tried to get it back, but my first attempt was unsuccessful. To be honest, the only use I made of root was to change Button Savior to a system app so that it would load on startup.
Button Mapper: Remap your keys

Root is not required.

Not sure if it can be set to start on boot.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:15 PM   #78
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqman View Post
NO pin code option in English.

Sorry for the confusion.

Before answering your question, I tested it randomly by switching to Japanese and the pin code option was there so that I thought it works in all language. At that time, I didn't test it in English for I was going to sleep with my device powered off.

Quite weird it has in Japanese but not even in Traditional Chinese. App store should abide by authorization and law in different regions. How about pin code option?

BTW, camera photo translation in Microsoft Translator is useful.
In English, if I use a third-party launcher (like Nova Launcher) and tap the settings app in the app drawer there, I see a typical Android settings menu. I can find a place under "security" where I can set up a password or a PIN. However, when I put my Note to sleep model d awaken it again, I don't need the password or PIN. That setting doesn't "stick". So, it seems that the Onyx firmware (in English, anyway) does not support this feature yet!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:30 PM   #79
cqman
Groupie

Quote:
In English, if I use a third-party launcher (like Nova Launcher) and tap the settings app in the app drawer there, I see a typical Android settings menu. I can find a place under "security" where I can set up a password or a PIN. However, when I put my Note to sleep model d awaken it again, I don't need the password or PIN. That setting doesn't "stick". So, it seems that the Onyx firmware (in English, anyway) does not support this feature yet!
Yes, I tested it. Pin code doesn't work in English GUI in this update.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:54 PM   #80
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqman View Post
Button Mapper: Remap your keys

Root is not required.

Not sure if it can be set to start on boot.
No third party app can be set to start on boot in any Onyx firmware, to my knowledge. However, I was able to root again with the Windows Kingroot app.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:50 PM   #81
downeaster59
Wizard

Interesting to note that this new 1.9 update does not yet appear on the Onyx International Chinese BBS - either for the Note or the Max 2. You can check it out here.

Edit: It's there now. And, if you go to the Onyx International website, you'll find it in the Chinese version but not the English.

Last edited by downeaster59; 06-23-2018 at 08:06 AM.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:13 AM   #82
citytrader
Connoisseur
citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: BOOX Note
Quote:
In the last firmware update Cqman posted for Note, PIN is working perfectly after awaken from standby, my note is in English.
citytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:09 AM   #83
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by citytrader View Post
In the last firmware update Cqman posted for Note, PIN is working perfectly after awaken from standby, my note is in English.
Interesting. I wonder what happened with 1.9? I'll check mine again, in case I missed something.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:27 AM   #84
Libretom
Libretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Voyage, Onyx Boox Note
Dear Cqman! Section 1.9.0. solved the problem of "forgetting" the notes? Will memo save remain?

Last edited by Libretom; 07-20-2018 at 12:33 AM.
Libretom is offline   Reply With Quote