Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-15-2018, 09:46 AM   #1
adoucette
adoucette doesn't litteradoucette doesn't litter

Device: Nook Color (rooted?)
Sync highlights and notes between Calibre and Android

Greetings,
What is the current best practice for synchronizing highlights and notes from epubs and pdfs between Calibre on Windows and an Android eReader app?

I would be OK with using either USB cable, Wi-Fi Calibre Server and Calibre Companion, DropBox, or other means for the sync. I could also set up a docker for Calibre server on my NAS and point both Calibre and my eReader to it as a library storage location if that is the best way.

This is all OK for getting books between Calibre and my various Android-based eReaders (tablets and phones), but it does not appear to synchronize notes, highlights, bookmarks, reading position, etc.

Perhaps this has already been answered elsewhere, but I have not had luck finding it with both internal forum searching and external google searching. All I have found thus far is people using DropBox as the storage location for their Calibre library and using Moon+ Reader Pro on Android to open the books from DropBox. (or perhaps this is the only way currently?)

Thank you in advance,
Ari
adoucette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 12:29 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
There is no suppor for synchronising this information across different devices! This is probably because each device handles this type of 9nformation in a device specific way.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:14 PM   #3
adoucette
adoucette doesn't litteradoucette doesn't litter

Device: Nook Color (rooted?)
Is there, perhaps, a recommended reader that can 'cloud sync' which also supports calibre?
adoucette is offline   Reply With Quote