Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-24-2022, 09:00 PM   #16
chinax
chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Nook Glowlight, Sony DPT-CP1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I have an action chain that lets me input the current page number and it calculates the percentage from that.
I do this, but just with a #currentpage column and #percentread column-built-from-other-columns that does the math. Is it easier using the Action Chains plugin? I downloaded it but haven't gotten around to feeling like I need it.
chinax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 09:14 PM   #17
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (retired), Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinax View Post
I do this, but just with a #currentpage column and #percentread column-built-from-other-columns that does the math. Is it easier using the Action Chains plugin? I downloaded it but haven't gotten around to feeling like I need it.
Here's the chain if you want to import and take a look.

I imagine the method is similar. Instead of a column to update a composite column, I use Action Chains' variable to manually update a non-composite integer.

Action Chains pops up a dialog to input the current page number:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-24 22_14_22-Enter Variables Values.png
Views:	203
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	194520
Attached Files
File Type: zip UpdatePercentRead.zip (2.7 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by ownedbycats; 06-24-2022 at 09:18 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote