Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-16-2018, 09:07 AM   #1
sb85
sb85 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle app for apple
new with questions

hello

new person to ebooks (within the last 3 months). and new to calibre and conversions. Although I feel this may be a more common question than I know, I will ask it anyhow and hope for some mercy because of the newbie status.

I have recently purchased 2 epub books that are art related - they are roughly 26mb and 16mb in size. Although they work on my iBooks app, there are features that I like in my kindle app that I have used a little more - page color and font size in particular. these are features that I cannot access in iBooks with these 2.

I am currently trying to convert to mobi, and I am reaching hour 20 as I am typing. which seems excessive to me but again I do not know. My MacBook Pro is from 2011 - so I do not know if that is contributing as well.

any help, suggestions with what to expect or if this is a problem would be greatly appreciated

thanks

sb
sb85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 09:31 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Calibre questions belong in the Calibre forum, to where I'm now moving this.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2018, 10:45 AM   #3
sb85

sorry - thanks
Old 12-16-2018, 04:29 PM   #4
sb85

it seems like the awz3 may be making more progress more quickly - more lines processed in the progress with less time - I did open the book in the reader and noticed when I tried to enlarge the text everything crashed together - could that be one of the things the conversion is trying to correct?
Old 12-16-2018, 06:19 PM   #5
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Your book may be fixed layout where everything on each page is precisely positioned and cannot be changed. If so then conversion using calibre will not yield anything useful.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2018, 07:03 AM   #6
sb85

thanks - that may be - when released they seemed as if to say it took a while to preserve the original form