Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-07-2016, 04:33 PM   #1
yacoob
Zealot
yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
Best device for fbreader with 300ppi screen?

Title says it all. Right now I'm using Kobo Aura HD, and I like it - but I'd like to get two things that I won't be able to do with Kobo now:

- 300 ppi screen
- ability to install fbreader together with working content/progress sync

From what I've gathered, Nook Glowlight plus can do this, although I'm not sure how annoying fbreader's set up is on that device (sideloaded apk of nonpremium fbr should be easy, but is the browser sufficient to use for gdrive auth, for the book sync?). I'm also not sure about this device's future - despite being at least 6months old, the modding scene seems to be bit stale for it (fragmented rooting docs, etc). There's a kindle with 300ppi screen, but no modern fbreader that I know of.

Is there any other device that fits those requirements and doesn't require high amount of arcane magic to hook up with fbreader+sync? For the Kobo, I've looked at koreader, but it's nowhere at the level of polish of fbreader in terms of UI and convenience of use.

Thanks!
yacoob is offline   Reply With Quote