Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
splitloop
splitloop began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3G
Question Books from collections are visible apart from the collections

Books from collections are visible apart from the collections and after reading a book it appears before collections in home menu. It's been happening since I bought a new Kindle and copied a collection file from the old one. Now I deleted all collection files and created new set of collections, but problem steel remains.
splitloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
You didn't mention which Kindle you have, so I can't give you very specific advice, but it could be that you have your books sorted in some way other than "By Collections." If you sort the home screen in other ways, it may result in what you're seeing. On my Kindle Keyboard model, the sorting method can be changed by going to the very top line on the Home screen and then pressing the right button on the 5-way controller. You can then select sort order by "Most Recent First," "Title," "Author," or "Collections."

Another thing to check is whether the device time is correct. That can affect the way the books are displayed too. On my Kindle, pressing the Menu button brings up the time. If the time is incorrect, try turning on wifi/3G and "sync & check for items" (from the menu). If that doesn't do it, you can set the time manually by going to Menu and then Device Time (on the second screen on my Kindle).

Let us know if that solves the problem. And welcome to Mobileread.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
splitloop
splitloop began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3G
OMG you are right! I'm so stupid, spent 2 hours on making new collections and it hasnt occured to me to take a glance at the sorting order . Thank you!
splitloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
A lot of people don't know about that, so don't feel bad. I'm glad you were able to fix the problem!
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote