Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 12-16-2018, 06:55 PM   #496
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, DX, PW4, PW5, Scribe; Likebook Mars; Fire HD 8; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caluthius View Post
Downloaded Nook Ver. 3.5.3.5 from APKpure and it is working on my Likebook Mars, and I don't even have the real Google Play Store on it.
I installed that, signed in, saw my library, and opened a book. But so far, I have not been able to look up words. Since it was stopping when I would select a word, I went to settings and downloaded the dictionary. But even after that, it continues to stop when I select a word.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:53 AM   #497
donbrubaker
Enthusiast
donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: LB Mars, Voyage, iPad Mini
Remote Page Turner

I'm very interested in using a remote page turner. Does anyone have a good recommendation on which page turners work well on the Mars? How do you set it up to work with the Moon+ App or Kindle App? Thanks!
donbrubaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2018, 12:04 PM   #498
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by donbrubaker View Post
I'm very interested in using a remote page turner. Does anyone have a good recommendation on which page turners work well on the Mars? How do you set it up to work with the Moon+ App or Kindle App? Thanks!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/191565265214 works on the Likebook Plus. Moon+ has an option for the volume control action. Set it for page up and page down.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:13 PM   #499
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I asked Boyue through Facebook for an English translation of what's new in the latest update, and I got this:

Tips: Please ensure that the equipment is fully charged before upgrading. Please don’t do any operation during the upgrade. The upgrade will last for several minutes. Please be patient to wait for it!

1.The overall contrast enhanced;
2.The dictionary is redefined and revised (the thesaurus can be updated online);
3.Solve the problem of a sudden decrease of power during the system standby process;
4.Add the function of hiding the application icon;
5.Solve the problem of some comics display is not full;
6.Solve the problem that the words of first line cannot be scored;
7.Solve the black screen problem caused by the non-response of the third-party application;
8.Solve the problem of blurring after PNG format picture rotation;
9.Solve the problem of PDF book settings will restore to the default.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:00 PM   #500
donbrubaker
Enthusiast
donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: LB Mars, Voyage, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/191565265214 works on the Likebook Plus. Moon+ has an option for the volume control action. Set it for page up and page down.
Thanks!
donbrubaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2018, 01:42 PM   #501
romevi
Enthusiast
romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Likebook Mars
I just updated it to the latest and now Moon+ Reader doesn't differentiate between bold and non-bold typefaces. I have Minion Pro Regular and now it looks bold; checking and unchecking the box in MR settings has no effect.
romevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:56 PM   #502
FastFingers
FastFingers began at the beginning.

Device: C67ML Carta 2
Got an update to 1.0.05-2018121414. I recommend against it as now nova launcher crashes on start. Might've been a widget I had as a reinstall fixed it.

Last edited by FastFingers; 12-19-2018 at 11:59 PM.
FastFingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:41 AM   #503
Kanalratte
Connoisseur
Kanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud of

Device: PocketBook -622, -Inkpad, PW2, BOOX Kepler
There are no problems with the nova launcher after the 1.0.05-2018121414 update.
But is there a solution how to remove the black screen? Setting a different background does not help.
Kanalratte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:10 AM   #504
romevi
Enthusiast
romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Likebook Mars
My Nova works fine.

The black wallpaper has always been an issue. Still no fix, it seems.
romevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 01:39 AM   #505
FastFingers
FastFingers began at the beginning.

Device: C67ML Carta 2
Yeah, same black background. Also no calendar support. Minor concerns given how most other apps are seamless.

It was a widget. Starting from scratch fixed whatever issue I had. My guess is the Libby widget.
FastFingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 06:37 PM   #506
fduniho
Addict

I tried ADW Launcher 2 before trying Nova Launcher. I could not change the background with either one. I tried using an all white wallpaper, but neither would use it. Are there any launchers that work better on the Likebook Mars?
Old 12-22-2018, 10:46 PM   #507
squiresque
Enthusiast
squiresque began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars, Alita
?Way to disable Dictionary and Comment Feature in native reader?

Hello:

I am most often reading PDFs for which it makes no sense to either 1) look words up in a dictionary, 2) highlight text, or 3) record notes or comments.

Yet, because there are no page turn buttons, I often find myself triggering erroneous invitations to use those features. These invitations, if recognized in time, can be turned off by tapping the screen, but it is still somewhat distracting.

I would be grateful if there was some way to turn off these features while reading such documents.

Apart from some additional quirky behavior from the native book application (up to a 20 second delay opening some mobi or epub format books), I am quite happy with the device (compared to the highly locked down and pdf hostile kindles).

Thank you for any information you may be able to provide.
squiresque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 11:21 AM   #508
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NG,NSTG,NST,AuraHD,OnyxT68,Lynx, BoyueT62,NGP,Aura1,Oasis,Mars
I got the Mars about a week ago and I have to say that it's the first Android based ereader that I try that it doesn't suck. Actually more: I'm happy with it.
Not sure how it was right after it came out, I saw that the early adopters went through some hoops, but with the latest firmware version I don't have major complaints (except missing Alt+Tab though).

My impressions:
- device is fast enough to be used as a tablet (enough CPU, RAM, A2 mode)
- Android apps can be installed and work ok for me (some issues with "colors" but that's hard to avoid when having eink screen)
- custom reading apps can be installed so the builtin one doesn't matter much
- bluetooth is a very nice thing to have as it allows use of external keyboard
- battery life is satisfactory (I don't have to turn off wifi nor bluetooth, so power management is good) for tablet use

So overall a very usable product and there is hope it can be improved even more.
dnastase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 02:03 PM   #509
rgm
Enthusiast
rgm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Backlight bleeding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnastase View Post
I got the Mars about a week ago and I have to say that it's the first Android based ereader that I try that it doesn't suck. Actually more: I'm happy with it.
Hi,

Thanks to share your opinion and good to see you are happy with this Ebook reader.
My question is: do you see any unevenness in the backlight? Lighter area(s), especially in corners or sides? (I suspect this is the term used for backlight-bleeding)

I just sent back Inkpad 3 because when screen was highly lighted -the bottom corner(s) (left mainly) was lighted than the other parts. And I hope this is not the case for Mars.

Can you please check the screen when black background with moderate light are set? (Koreader- Night mode) do you see any area which is not as bright as the other?

Best regards,
Robert
rgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 03:18 PM   #510
fduniho
Addict

Since Nova Launcher was mentioned recently, I wanted to mention here that I picked up the paid version, Nova Launcher Prime, for $0.99 today.