Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 10-29-2018, 08:55 AM   #1666
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@ilovejedd

From one enthusiastic user to another:
1 - No, not that I know of. You can help code it yourself on the github page of COPS.
2 - are you using "custom columns"?
For the standard categories if it's empty/does not exist, it's skipped.
Maybe handling of "custom columns" is different or "no value" is NOT equal to "empty". (Just guessing here.)
3 - what's displayed (in my setup) is only one tag. This can be just one word or a whole list all clickable from the detailed book view.
4 - If the value is blue, you can click on it.
5 - I don't know.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:55 AM   #1667
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
@mariosipad
Thank you very much for your response!
  1. I was afraid of that. COPS' code looks more complicated than chaley's Calibre-PHP server.
  2. Yes, pretty much all custom columns. I'm guessing the handling is different. I've looked under the proverbial hood (metadata.db) with SQLite Browser and as far as I can tell, the tag-like custom columns work the same as tags. I'm guessing it's because one has to explicitly specify in config_local.php which custom columns to display.
  3. Looks like more coding to display more tags.
  4. Hmm, weird then. Iirc, not even my standard Tags column had clickable links in book detail view.
  5. The comments thing would probably be easy to change.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 11:00 AM   #1668
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorn View Post
Hi everybody, this is my first post so please be gentle with me!
I have installed a Synology NAS DS412+ running DSM 6.2.1-23824 Update 1.
I have also installed Web station and all the other required packages, such as Apache, PHP, etc.,etc.
I finally installed COPS (downloaded and installed from the syno community repository) in a subdirectory of the web directory of the NAS, called cops.

... snip ...

Can someone please tell me what am I missing?
thank you in advance for any help.
PS I can access the videos stored on the nas remotely however without any problems using the DS Video app.
This is not a cops problem but a Synology "problem".
You cannot connect to the Synology webserver through quickconnect (as far as I understand it).

You need to setup portforwarding in your router (and optionally a DDNS service).

See this: https://www.synology.com/en-global/k...r_the_Internet

Report back if you have more questions.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:08 AM   #1669
mariosipad
Guru

@ilovejedd

Try: http://cops-demo.slucas.fr/index.php?page=10

then click on Alice's Adventures .... to go to the detailed book view;
then click on "fiction" [Tags: Fiction , Mystery & Detective , Short Stories] and .......

or did you mean something else?
Old 10-29-2018, 12:31 PM   #1670
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
@ilovejedd

Try: http://cops-demo.slucas.fr/index.php?page=10

then click on Alice's Adventures .... to go to the detailed book view;
then click on "fiction" [Tags: Fiction , Mystery & Detective , Short Stories] and .......

or did you mean something else?
I checked it again. It looks like I do get links for the Tags column. My tags column == #fandoms custom column and I apparently had the Tags on the ignore list in lieu of #fandom. Removed the Tags from ignore and I now get multiple values with links. Definitely different behavior for custom columns.

Looks like I'll be able to fix just the html templates to stop it from displaying custom columns with null values. Making tag-like custom columns work like Tags is a much more difficult undertaking.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 10-29-2018 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:27 PM   #1671
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Update:

Skipping display of empty custom columns was a pleasantly trivial fix. Updated templates are attached.

As for HTML comments, it looks like the code specifically looks for div, p, a or span tags.

So something like this will work:
Code:
<div class="description">Published: 2018-10-29 Chapters: 1/? Words: 12345<br><br><b>Summary</b><br>Summary here.<br><br><b>Author Notes</b><br>Author notes here.</div>
but this will not:
Code:
Published: 2018-10-29 Chapters: 1/? Words: 12345<br><br><b>Summary</b><br>Summary here.<br><br><b>Author Notes</b><br>Author notes here.
My fix is to discard the <div|p|a|span> check and treat comments as HTML always. Obviously, that could break stuff for others so I'm not going to bother uploading my changes.

I also managed to add urls to custom columns. Alas, the way I did it was probably not the recommended/standardized way. As I expected, returning multiple values for tag-like custom columns would be difficult for me to code.
Attached Files
File Type: zip cops-mod.zip (4.7 KB, 211 views)
Old 10-30-2018, 10:07 PM   #1672
victorn
victorn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (5 years old)
Quote:
This is not a cops problem but a Synology "problem".
You cannot connect to the Synology webserver through quickconnect (as far as I understand it).

You need to setup portforwarding in your router (and optionally a DDNS service).

See this: https://www.synology.com/en-global/k...r_the_Internet

Report back if you have more questions.
Thank you for you reply. I was familiar with the document url you sent me, and I proceeded as instructed in it. I also think this probably is a Synology "problem", but because so many people on this forum have been successful in installing COPS I was hoping to receive some specific advice based on what they did. If one cannot connect to COPS web server from a remote connection over the internet via quick connect, how is it done then? I tried to connect to the "IP address/cops" but that results in a redirection to my router web interface! I tried port forwarding port 80,8080,443 in various combinations and permutations but the result is always the same, turning the router and Synology firewalls off just to test the outcome did not help either. So fundamentally the question is how do people access COPS on Synology remotely, using a web browser? What url do they use?
Thanks again for any help you can offer.

Last edited by victorn; 10-30-2018 at 10:28 PM.
victorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:00 AM   #1673
mariosipad
Guru

@victorn

I use the "manual" method.

0 - I assume you can connect to cops on your Synology in your lan?

1 - find the WAN-ip of your LAN
https://www.whatismyip.com/
The WAN-ip is your public IPv4 address : 123.456.789.123 (example)

2 - find the LAN-ip of your Synology
That's the ip you use to go to the Synology DSM page. Example = 192.168.0.101

3 - login on your router (example http://192.168.0.1)

4 - Find port forwarding in one of the menu's
then forward port 80 (WAN) to port 80 (LAN) to your Synology LAN-ip = 192.168.0.101

5 - in a browser enter (example):
http://<WAN-ip>/cops
http://123.456.789.123/cops

This should work, it does for me. If not, report back.

If it works, then undo step 4 and first read up on internet security. Do not open up port 80 to access from the internet if you do not know what you are doing and the security risks that come with it.
At least put a password on COPS.
Old 10-31-2018, 12:30 PM   #1674
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
4 - Find port forwarding in one of the menu's
then forward port 80 (WAN) to port 80 (LAN) to your Synology LAN-ip = 192.168.0.101

5 - in a browser enter (example):
http://<WAN-ip>/cops
http://123.456.789.123/cops

This should work, it does for me. If not, report back.

If it works, then undo step 4 and first read up on internet security. Do not open up port 80 to access from the internet if you do not know what you are doing and the security risks that come with it.
At least put a password on COPS.
Note, some ISPs block port 80 on home internet. You can port forward something like port 1234 (WAN) to port 80 (LAN) so:
http://<WAN-ip>:1234/cops

Regardless, any outward facing server is an additional security risk.
Old 11-03-2018, 12:17 AM   #1675
victorn
victorn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (5 years old)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Note, some ISPs block port 80 on home internet. You can port forward something like port 1234 (WAN) to port 80 (LAN) so:
http://<WAN-ip>:1234/cops

Regardless, any outward facing server is an additional security risk.
Thank you ilovejedd and mariosipad, I had already tried your suggestions as described earlier, but with no luck. I have reached the conclusion the problem is a combination of my router and my ISP, not Synology and definitely not COPS. But I reached that conclusion only because I excluded everything else I could think of, not because I have clear evidence. At least I can get to the list of books via the File Station, so not all is lost...
victorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 04:17 PM   #1676
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
browser spins and spins...

I recently moved COPS to a new server on my LAN and now I'm unable to fully browse the database, check the fifty most recent, etc. I can access individual books or list of books with small numbers of items (under 20 or so). Otherwise the browser just spins.

checkconfig.php reports all is well, all prereqs installed. The machine is running Mint 19 (Ubuntu 18.04). COPS previously ran fine using this same configuration.

https://youtu.be/mzocDq6Zl0c

The link above shows the issue occurring. I'm pretty much stumped.

Last edited by JeffElkins; 11-23-2018 at 04:19 PM.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:55 AM   #1677
mariosipad
Guru

I've never seen that kind of behavior of COPS unless on a very slow server (old raspberry pi) with avery large database, and even then......

Have you reinstalled COPS from source or just copied the files over from an old server (usually works)? Maybe a new(er) version of PHP is to blame?

Have you checked the calibre database with calibre?
Old 12-30-2018, 04:59 AM   #1678
pven
pven began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I am currently running Cops 1.0.1 on my Synology. It works good enough, and I don't think something is not working. But ... should I put effort in updating it? For now it works.
pven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 12:48 PM   #1679
mariosipad
Guru

If it aint broeken, don’t fix it!

If you do mot need the (bug)fixes, then leave it as is.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:47 AM   #1680
DouglasK
DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Onyx Note Air3, Kobo Aura HD, Nexus 7 (2013)
Help, Class 'DOMXPath' not found error

I have a LAMP server running on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. PHP is enabled and working on Apache2.

https://server.com/cops/checkconfig.php shows all OK and client-side rendering.
PHP version is 7.0.32-0ubuntu0.16.04.1

When I load the URL I get a blank screen and see this in the Apache error log:
PHP Fatal error: Class 'DOMXPath' not found in /var/www/html/cops/resources/php-epub-meta/epub.php on line 775

phpinfo() shows that libxml support is active

I've seen the previous thread from several years back about this error. For them, the fix was to install php-xml, which I do have installed.

I expect I'm missing something obvious and simple. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Douglas
DouglasK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology