Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 03-28-2016, 04:42 AM   #16
foregistries
foregistries began at the beginning.

Device: boyue t62d, t63a
jdread?

apparently "boyue t63/shine" name is no more: http://www.boyue.com/category.aspx?nid=1

whatever the name, just produce the device, will ya?!
foregistries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:00 AM   #17
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Yes, I saw that too. I'm taking the fact that they are now doing a full page spread, with specs & features, and a "coming soon" (previously it was just a pic with a link-to-nowhere) as a positive sign, whatever they name it.

The fact that they're doing so now would seem to indicate that they're still on-track for their "end of May" release. Would I have liked to see it before now? Yes (my i62HD has been on its last legs for a year or two) -- but I'm hoping it will be worth the wait.

Additional details, it seems to have been subject of a (successful) Chinese-language crowdsourcing effort: http://z.jd.com/project/details/4828...rom=zctgcs0005

¥1,130,845 (US$17,000) of ¥500,000 (US$8,000) target, with 19 days remaining.

Unit price appears to be ¥799 (US$123).

The rename to JDRead appears to be because of the name of ther crowdsourcing site (jd.com).

If anybody can read Chinese, and thus the large amounts of bitmapped text on the page, and provide additional details, it would be welcome.

More here: http://science.china.com.cn/2016-03/...nt_8650583.htm & http://news.smzdm.com/p/26028

According to this article, jd.com (which appears to be yet-another major Chinese shopping portal I'd never previously heard of) may be looking to leverage the JDRead into becoming a major player in the Chinese market for ebooks.

Last edited by Hrafn; 03-28-2016 at 09:49 AM. Reason: More
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:47 PM   #18
Bernice_Richards
Bernice_Richards began at the beginning.

Device: LG
I have one, and I like it a lot – even though my modem only has a Korean interface and requires an account in a Korean ebookstore. Yes, it has page turn buttons. It’s fast, and has an even front light.
Bernice_Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:01 AM   #19
Jason90
Addict
Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
This product doesn't have any audio capabilities does it?
Jason90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:59 PM   #20
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A quick update: the crowdsourcing effort on JD has completed, with a final uptake of 435% of the threshold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason90 View Post
This product doesn't have any audio capabilities does it?
It would appear that it does not. The 'bottom' edge of the device appears to only have a power button, a microUSB slot and a microSD slot.
Old 04-30-2016, 01:29 AM   #21
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
FYI the Energy Sistem Pro HD (with flush screen but 212 DPI) is a Boyue T64 (confirmed in the build.prop of the device, which I own), and I guess so is the Inkbook Obsidian.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 01:39 AM   #22
StuartJ
StuartJ doesn't litterStuartJ doesn't litterStuartJ doesn't litter

Device: Likebook Mimas, Kobo Aura One, LG V20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypark View Post
Actually, that's not a DOA.
He tried to remove Ridibooks Paper from 'cover case', not 'original packaging case'. (I saw he's post in Naver ebook cafe(forum).)
That official cover case is rather too tight and there's other reports of opened up body while removing cover case too.

[Links to ROM images removed - didn't seem to be an official site. The Mods.]
Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Last edited by StuartJ; 05-17-2016 at 04:04 AM. Reason: posted from Tapatalk by mistake
StuartJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 04:50 PM   #23
foregistries

okay, do not know chinese but guess it is here:
http://www.tjfer.com/detail/g6281472418192621825/
Old 05-15-2016, 11:26 PM   #24
Hrafn
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by foregistries View Post
okay, do not know chinese but guess it is here:
http://www.tjfer.com/detail/g6281472418192621825/
This is the crowd-funded JDRead variant. Good to know that they've started deliveries of it. Maybe that means they'll soon be selling it on the open market (though speaking for myself I'm leaning more towards the Onyx Boox Kepler Pro as my next eReader, and first 300dpi eReader).
Old 05-17-2016, 07:51 PM   #25
mavek
mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook
Barring the slow start it has very good customer reviews
http://item.jd.com/2694910.html

Anybody knows if it has english interface?
mavek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 01:54 AM   #26
Hrafn
Fanatic

JDRead available for sale...

... on Tmall for ¥859 (US$131 -- nearly US$100 less than the pre-order price of the competing Onyx Boox Kepler Pro, which still hasn't been released yet).
Old 06-09-2016, 11:54 AM   #27
mavek
mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook
let's hope Energy will bring it to Europe
mavek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:42 AM   #28
foregistries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavek View Post
let's hope Energy will bring it to Europe
energy's version of t63 has been released already: https://www.energysistem.com/en/prod...ereader_pro_hd
Old 06-10-2016, 01:01 PM   #29
Hrafn
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by foregistries View Post
energy's version of t63 has been released already: https://www.energysistem.com/en/prod...ereader_pro_hd
Nope -- "758x1024 pixel resolution and 212ppp", the T63/JDReader is 1448x1072 300ppi.
Old 07-09-2016, 10:50 AM   #30
iakovl
Connoisseur
iakovl began at the beginning.

Device: none
Keep waiting for the t63...own a t61 and wanted to upgrade to the t62+ but with the t63 on the "way"...

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
iakovl is offline   Reply With Quote