Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 11-30-2009, 12:49 PM   #1
ewilson13
ewilson13 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Question Convert to LRF

I posted this in another forum but I thought I should also post this here since everyone here has PRS 505's and have probably already conquered this problem

I have a Sony PRS 505. I usually convert to PDF and THEN convert my files to LRF in Calibre. I'm not very savvy with the formats and this worked for me in the past. I recently had a book in html form that I could not convert to PDF first. So I converted from html to lrf. Unless I buy directly from the Sony store I'm used to my books being one large paragraph. This time the book had separate paragraphs. A happy mistake!
My question is what is the best format to use to convert to LRF?
I know html now successfully converts to lrf. What about .lit? Or.doc?

I apologize if this question has been posted before.
ewilson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:49 AM   #2
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Basdically any format is good. RTF, HTML or LIT.
I use Book Designer for this purpose.

If you convert something to PDF and convert PDF to LRF you loose a lot of formatting. think about it.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert