Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-21-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
tom95521
tom95521 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 keyboard, kobo touch
Does calibre de-dupe news feeds?

I'm new to calibre but before posting this message I did glance at the faq + documenation to see if I could find the answer.

Q. If I tell Calibre to download at 1 day intervals from a news feed does it always create a new epub, even if the content has not changed? I don't know the publishing pattern for the sites.

I guess if I looked at enough of the news epubs I could figure it out for myself, but I know everyone else probably knows the answer.

Great application. Waiting for my new Sony 600 reader to arrive early next month (I hope).

Thanks,
Tom
tom95521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:04 AM   #2
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
As far as I know Calibre just goes and grab what is available up to recursion limit/date cutoff, so

Quote:
If I tell Calibre to download at 1 day intervals from a news feed does it always create a new epub, even if the content has not changed
Yes.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert