Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-02-2009, 10:01 AM   #1
Johns1NOnly
Loves2Design <3
Johns1NOnly doesn't litterJohns1NOnly doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Ipad, Kindle DX
Chrocheted Sony Cover

Hi i just finished making my book cover for my sony. I made the cricheted cover to go over the original sony cover, since i was bored of the brown. All i have to do is get a button and i can uses it. below are some images of the cover. ( soon i will have the pattern for it since i really didn't write it down while i was making it )

edit always forgetting words
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	front_cover.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	719.4 KB
ID:	26946   Click image for larger version

Name:	open_cover.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	707.6 KB
ID:	26947   Click image for larger version

Name:	closed_cover.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	414.5 KB
ID:	26948  

Last edited by Johns1NOnly; 04-03-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Johns1NOnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
It looks lovely, congrats.

I'm a chap but I might have to take up crocheting or knitting or something - it's supposed to be good for the soul, and you can make useful stuff too!
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2009, 10:23 AM   #3
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
ohhh, very nice! Thanks for sharing with pictures.
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:32 AM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I need to dig out my crochet hook and copy you! Hey, make a little crochet flower to be your button, just scrunch it up and push it thru the buttonhole.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #5
Johns1NOnly
Loves2Design <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I need to dig out my crochet hook and copy you! Hey, make a little crochet flower to be your button, just scrunch it up and push it thru the buttonhole.
good idea i might do that if i dont find a button i like. i did a lot of different stitch was experimenting so i used sc, hdc, htc (half treble stitch), and back loops only sc, than i did Arcade Edge trim but instead of 5 dc in the 3ch hole i did 5 htc.
Advert
Old 04-02-2009, 12:15 PM   #6
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One day when I get around to it, I'd like to do one in yellow and make mini pineapples around the edge for decoration. The black leather cover would shine thru and really emphasize the stitching. And I like making pineapples, used to always have a doily-in-process in my purse... until Walmart started selling them for a buck. Didn't seem worth the trouble anymore.

Thanks for the K!
Old 04-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #7
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
One day when I get around to it, I'd like to do one in yellow and make mini pineapples around the edge for decoration. The black leather cover would shine thru and really emphasize the stitching. And I like making pineapples, used to always have a doily-in-process in my purse... until Walmart started selling them for a buck. Didn't seem worth the trouble anymore.
Thanks for the K!
Of course it's worth the trouble DixieGal. I'm sure Walmart's doilies can't compare with the quality and elegant detail of a hand crafted piece made with your own hands. There's just no comparison. And don't you crochet simply for the pleasure of it?

I know whereof I speak. I crochet doilies (and many other things) simply for the fun and relaxation of it, just like reading. I've got dozens of completed doilies and I know that no store-bought one can compare to mine. I hardly ever use them (except for lining a basket or tray mostly) but I enjoyed the hell out of making them.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #8
Johns1NOnly
Loves2Design <3

ok going to do the flower with a small button in the middle, will post image of the flower atteched when i am done.

DixieGal: your welcome had to give you some since i am using your idea
Old 04-02-2009, 02:43 PM   #9
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
I eagerly await the pattern.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:32 AM   #10
Johns1NOnly
Loves2Design <3

updated crochet flower the flower and than got a shell button a a snap button. picture bleow
Going make cover again so i can actually get the correct stitches and how many to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flower.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	580.8 KB
ID:	27022   Click image for larger version

Name:	flower2.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	585.9 KB
ID:	27023   Click image for larger version

Name:	back_flower.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	581.8 KB
ID:	27024  
Old 04-03-2009, 08:59 AM   #11
DixieGal
Hi There!

A hidden snap! Genius! You have done something very pretty here.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:09 AM   #12
Johns1NOnly
Loves2Design <3

i think i need to find a bigger snap it kind of hard to un-snap i have to find the edge of the snap, but that all they had a the craft store.... Thanks

Last edited by Johns1NOnly; 04-03-2009 at 09:13 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #13
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Very impressive!! Thanks for sharing the pics!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #14
itzmeigh
Enthusiast
itzmeigh began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
What about one of those magnet snaps? I just used some on a purse and they are nice. Might be a little strong though...

I love your cover. And the flower just makes it better!
itzmeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:58 PM   #15
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
That's a very cute cover! I'm in love with your flower button.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote