Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
HiWire
HiWire began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader (PRS-500)
Reader Store - removing old/missing PCs from Manage Devices

I logged into my account on the Reader Store and noticed a bunch of computers (mostly old Reader Library installations before I reinstalled Windows several times on the same PC over the years). How do I remove these authorizations if the systems were wiped long ago – I can't deauthorize them through the old setups.

I'm not even using Reader Library (v3.3 and earlier) any more – I installed Reader (v2.0.01.11080) a while ago and I've also tried Sony's web store interface.

Last edited by HiWire; 01-17-2013 at 04:38 PM.
HiWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
Blackadder
Somewhat bored
Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo hd
I had the same thing, so I emailed Sony support and they removed the erroneous devices
Blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
HiWire

Thanks, Blackadder! I'll give them a call.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:19 AM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I phoned Sony support. It took less than 5 minutes and was very painless. I renamed them something simple before I called like Delete1, Delete2, Delete3, etc. Then it was really obvious what I wanted to delete so that the support tech didn't accidentally delete a good one!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
HiWire

I renamed my devices Delete 1, Delete 2, etc. as per Bookworm_Girl's advice and called 877-263-2863 from this page's instructions: http://ebooks.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/93

A helpful customer service rep removed the devices after asking me for my phone number, my name, and my email account. It took about 5 minutes total.

Thanks for your help, guys!
Advert
Old 01-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Great news! Happy reading!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote