Notices

Old 12-27-2011, 03:29 AM   #1
gijsbuis
Japie
gijsbuis began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
How do i add dbase with metadata?

Hai,

I already use Calibre for 1,5 years and i'm a true fan!!
My computer crashed two weeks ago and i tried to recover a backup but that didnt work.
I now still have a rather large library on a external hard disk (6000 authors and 15000 books) with metadata. I tried to import this in Calibre but i cant get it to read the metadata (a lot of work going down the drain ?). The folders, subfolders etc were created by Calibre before the crash (i checked for bugs and it is clean now). So in my opinion it should read the data flawlessly.
I can import all the books but the connection with the metadata is not made.
Can anyone help me with this?

one more thing
i changed titles of books a lot and i noticed that they werent changed in my library data. Is there a way that if you change data within Calibre it will change the data in the folders (the data calibre refers to) as well? Otherwise i will have to change the data in my folders first, then import into Calibre. pfffffffffff i know it should be easier to do but is that possible?

Thnx in advance,

Gijs (you can call me Bob )
gijsbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:22 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the recovery technique described here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....n-app-is-blank
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
crash, dbase, import, metadata