Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-13-2009, 08:50 AM   #1
MarkCoakley
Viking Saga
MarkCoakley doesn't litterMarkCoakley doesn't litter

Device: http://markcoakley.wordpress.com/
Post VIKING SAGA -- free historical novel

VIKING SAGA is a pulse-pounding literary historical thriller, set in 793 AD, when Norway was ruled by many small kingdoms and folk still worshipped the old gods. Halfdan the Black -- a young fighter and beer-soaked poet, with a Norse father and African mother -- vows revenge for the killing of his king. Halfdan's fate leads him through actual historical events, such as the raid on England's Lindisfarne nunnery and the first Norse contacts with Christianity. This spare, cunningly ironic novel is set against a brutal backdrop of life in the "Dark Ages", and features violent action, a unique love-story, odd twists, cool humour, primitive poems and more. Well-researched and fast-moving, VIKING SAGA follows Halfdan the Black as he battles, boozes and rhymes his way to revenge, love, wisdom ... and becoming Norway's first king.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Viking Saga (novel) by Mark Coakley - FREE.doc (2.81 MB, 574 views)
File Type: pdf Viking-Saga-Novel-by-Mark-Coakley-FREE.pdf (1.21 MB, 798 views)
MarkCoakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
angelbleu
Enthusiast
angelbleu began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry Bold
Thanks for sharing!

I've always liked historical novels, so I'm looking forward to reading this!
angelbleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Thanks.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:15 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Mark,

It would be better if you were to upload this to our "Book Uploads" forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #5
choup
Connoisseur
choup began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Thanks ; I really enjoy these nordic sagas
choup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 01:57 AM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thank you for offering you work, Mark.. I also spotted your book at feedbooks.com.

http://www.feedbooks.com/userbook/8342
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 04:09 AM   #7
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Thank you for offering you work, Mark.. I also spotted your book at feedbooks.com.

http://www.feedbooks.com/userbook/8342
Which means it is available in multi format - (be worth editing your first post with this Mark).

BTW for sharing your work, it is always much appreciated.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:02 AM   #8
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I've read some of it now, and I think the structure is meant to emulate a saga. I don't really think it's works, the storytelling style is too modern. I can't say I liked it much. I don't know if it's a genre, but it read rather like a male equivalent to a romance novel.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:19 AM   #9
MarkCoakley
Viking Saga

.epub and .mobi

Here are two more formats: .epub and .mobi ...
Attached Files
File Type: epub Mark Coakley - Viking Saga.epub (841.2 KB, 352 views)
File Type: mobi Mark Coakley - Viking Saga.mobi (342.5 KB, 336 views)
Old 11-17-2009, 10:26 AM   #10
MarkCoakley
Viking Saga

Ea's review

Ea:

Thanks for your review. You make some good points. The modern style-elements and "romance novel" approach don't work for you, but hopefully will appeal to others ... And hopefully my next book (which I'm working on today) will please you more!

Mark

Tags
halfdan, lindisfarne, saga, viking, viking saga