Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-02-2024, 07:08 AM   #46
giukas
giukas began at the beginning.

Device: Book Tab Ultra C
Quote:
Originally Posted by giukas View Post
When I get home I'll try to rename the file then because it's definitely there(when unzipped it's called Qualcomm...)
well it seems I was running cmd as admin mode, I tried to open it normally andd it worked.
the tab seems rooted permanently
thanks Renate
giukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 02:42 PM   #47
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
I tried using this guide (well-written, BTW) to root my Tab Mini C. I'm using a Windows 11 ARM VM on my Mac. When I run Zadig to install the driver, after a minute Zadig stops and tells me that there was an error and the driver was not installed. No more info than that. The CPU for the Mini C is also a Bengal, so I assumed that it would use the same driver. Maybe not? Any ideas? I can run the edl Python stuff on my Mac, but the Windows method seemed easier.... : )
downeaster59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 03:16 PM   #48
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Mmm, it seems like VMs sometimes have trouble with USB.
For a Mac I'd probably use the Python version.

I should port my stuff. Android? RPi? Ubuntu?
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 03:42 PM   #49
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Mmm, it seems like VMs sometimes have trouble with USB.
For a Mac I'd probably use the Python version.

I should port my stuff. Android? RPi? Ubuntu?
Agreed!

I pulled out my notes on how I rooted the Note Air 2 a while back, and followed that on my Mac. It all went flawlessly! My Tab Mini C is now rooted!
downeaster59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 04:28 PM   #50
jkaltes
jkaltes began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Tab Ultra C
Linux edl

Also under Linux I could root my TabUltraC version 2023-11-22_07-29_3.5_9 46657f755 with the help of this guide.
The only difference is that I used https://github.com/bkerler/edl. The difficulty is that I needed to install the modules mentioned in requirements.txt by hand adding python- for each of them (for example: pacman -S python-capstone or apt install python-capstone).
(python3 setup.py build gave an error message, but that didn't matter.)
I could now read the boot_a image with:
./edl r boot_a boota.img
The rest is the same as in the above description.
jkaltes is offline   Reply With Quote