Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
Streadmob
Streadmob began at the beginning.

Device: none
At last! A science book here: The Secret Dinobird Story

Hi folks –

[information no longer applicable - MODERATOR]

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...46#post2132646

but here is the spiel for the book itself...

If it sounds a bit like I’m fixing the mess from the ground up, and not complimenting the perpetrators... well, it was overdue.

Ever wondered why penguin's lungs don't get crushed 300ms down? (Or Exactly how birds' lungs work, in less than a day's research?!)

Or exactly what Microraptor did with its rear wings?

Or why the first dinosaurs were bipedal?...

“You wait years for a revolution in a science, then three come along at once!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008AV7HXO

Three revolutions or more? Keep a tally as you read through the book.
* Dinobird family tree turned the right way up…
* Failures in old palaeontological technique corrected across the board…
* Pathetic past practitioners highlighted – genuine heroes lauded…
* Fascinating complexities explained with maximum simplicity (author an OU lecturer)…
* Long-standing field-blocking conundrums cracked…
* Decades of pseudo-academic crut washed away as crucial human and dog insights brought to light.

“THE SECRET DINOBIRD STORY” IS SEVERAL BOOKS IN ONE!
100,000 words; over 70 illustrations. More than one book for less than one hamburger – just $2.99! (UK: just over £2 or $ equivalent; Eurozone: about €3.)

Read a free sample here, or from the book’s page on the Amazon store
Most of it you’ll read for fun and entertainment.

It does include some clarification of practical philosophy of science, and this is explained. You’ll understand it fine but it may take years to savour fully. But just the sciencepolice-14 rules are worth a year’s science education – particularly to researchers.

The appendices contain a bit of information processing, for those who want to check out the technicalities.

Palaeontology hasn’t always made a lot of sense until now; this book was designed to fix that and move the field on. You owe it to yourself and your students to find out the new ideas early – don’t get left behind!

There is a discussion webpage*for this book via the book's webpage:

http://sciencepolice2010.wordpress.c...ory-book-page/ "

Happy arguing!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-30-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Streadmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:05 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Good luck with it!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
Streadmob

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Good luck with it!
Thanks kennyc. I had a look at your galleries and they're decidedly distinctive and appealing!
Old 07-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
Streadmob

I'd appreciate an explanation for your blocking of my tutorial posting, Dr. Drib.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streadmob View Post
I'd appreciate an explanation for your blocking of my tutorial posting, Dr. Drib.

We'll carry this conversation via private PM - please remember that.

PM me with which thread you're talking about.

In the future, if you have an issue with a Moderator's action, then you need to click on the "Report" button (bottom left and to the right of the 'Karma' button) and let us know what the issue is.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote