Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 03-25-2010, 02:12 AM   #256
carried_away
carried_away began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I figured out the problem. I needed to download the full update, rather than the 07/30/07 test update that is listed below. I first downloaded the latest install and the 07/30/07 test update, and graphics did not work even after running the regsvr32 GflAx.dll command. I then uninstalled, re-downloaded the installation, downloaded the full update and then ran regsvr32 GflAx.dll. After that graphics worked. Problem solved.
carried_away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:33 PM   #257
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
hello, I hope someone can help.

I installed BD as per the wiki. I have windows 7 64 bit.

I can load the pdfs and hit the "convert to fb2" button and my book is supposedly created but when I hit open file it takes me to my documents folder.

Infact, the "FB" folder where it should be under does not even exist. Did I install the program wrong.

dont know what to do. thanks.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2010, 08:52 AM   #258
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Incorrect dashes in LRF output

I just finished editing a book (Orwell's 1984) in BookDesigner. I searched and replaced all the text to make sure that correct dashes were used (hyphens for word separation, as in "pig-iron", and long dashes to break a sentence, as in "It was always at night—the arrests invariably happened at night".)
Looks OK in BD, but when I made the LRF file, all were converted to hyphens.
Am I doing something wrong?
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:05 AM   #259
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
I just finished editing a book (Orwell's 1984) in BookDesigner. I searched and replaced all the text to make sure that correct dashes were used (hyphens for word separation, as in "pig-iron", and long dashes to break a sentence, as in "It was always at night—the arrests invariably happened at night".)
Check out this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11649
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:59 PM   #260
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Thanks for your answer, but I think this doesn't apply in my case, as I already have the correct dashes in my BD file. The problem is that, when I make my LRF output file, BD converts all of them to hyphens.
Advert
Old 04-25-2010, 06:58 AM   #261
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
After you click on "make Sony Reader book" the Sony pane will come up. Click on the "Options" tab. Then be sure to select "as it is" in the "dashes" option.
Hopefuly, this should sort things out for you.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #262
Pablo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
After you click on "make Sony Reader book" the Sony pane will come up. Click on the "Options" tab. Then be sure to select "as it is" in the "dashes" option.
Hopefuly, this should sort things out for you.
Thanks Patricia!!! I had never noticed that option (and I must have looked at it more than 100 times). Now it's ok.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:11 PM   #263
ebookfab
ebookfab began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX, Sony PRS505, Sony 650, Sony PRS T1
Harry - I've been using BD for several years to create reading material for my Sony PRS650. Worked just fine and had it installed in a folder in the "C drive" on my PC with Windows 7 - 64 bit OS. About 2 weeks ago it stopped working and I had to reinstall it. When I try to make book, I get an error message that Bookdesigner cannot make a book. I believe my Norton Anti-virus is preventing this because I have gotten a warning message from the AV program that it has taken care of a Trojan Horse attack. Any suggestions?
ebookfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 02:31 PM   #264
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookfab View Post
Harry - I've been using BD for several years to create reading material for my Sony PRS650. Worked just fine and had it installed in a folder in the "C drive" on my PC with Windows 7 - 64 bit OS. About 2 weeks ago it stopped working and I had to reinstall it. When I try to make book, I get an error message that Bookdesigner cannot make a book. I believe my Norton Anti-virus is preventing this because I have gotten a warning message from the AV program that it has taken care of a Trojan Horse attack. Any suggestions?
Remove Norton and never look back. Norton is awful. It has a lot of false positives and it does what it wants more then it does what you want.

Once Norton is gone for good, reinstall BD and you should be good to go.

And once you have dumped Norton, your computer will run faster. On this computer, I'm using Windows Defender and it working well.

Of course, there is a better solution (uninstalling Norton is a good idea in any case), use either Calibre and/or Sigil to create ePub eBooks. The problem is that you are creating LRF eBooks and while you can read them with your 650, if something happens to your 650 or you want a new Reader, you won't be able to read your LRF eBook any longer because the x50 line was the last line of Readers from Sony that supported

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-10-2015 at 02:38 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote