Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 10-13-2020, 03:59 AM   #1
bazz2004
Connoisseur
bazz2004 can extract oil from cheesebazz2004 can extract oil from cheesebazz2004 can extract oil from cheesebazz2004 can extract oil from cheesebazz2004 can extract oil from cheesebazz2004 can extract oil from cheesebazz2004 can extract oil from cheesebazz2004 can extract oil from cheesebazz2004 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Boyue Alita
Is the Android update to 8.1 worthwhile?

https://www.computerworld.com/articl...-to-today.html

The link shows the development of Android which is mainly aimed at phones. There's no obvious reason to upgrade from 6.0 which remains the foundation of most non-phone Android devices like e-readers. Version 11 now offers, for the first-time, protection against various apps being able to spy on what other apps a user has installed on their device so it does enhance security. Can anybody explain what positives there are to be had in updating the OS on Boyue e-readers to 8.1?
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:26 PM   #2
Jinz
Enthusiast
Jinz juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJinz juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJinz juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJinz juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJinz juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJinz juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJinz juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJinz juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJinz juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJinz juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJinz juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Likebook Mars, Imcosys V6l, Trekstor Pyrus
I'd like to know the same thing

Are there real improvements or is the update just about Android 8 app compatibility? Has the dust settled and people found the right settings for the Boyue reader app or is there really something off with it as some posts in the other thread seem to suggest?
Jinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 05:41 AM   #3
bazz2004
Connoisseur
bazz2004 can extract oil from cheesebazz2004 can extract oil from cheesebazz2004 can extract oil from cheesebazz2004 can extract oil from cheesebazz2004 can extract oil from cheesebazz2004 can extract oil from cheesebazz2004 can extract oil from cheesebazz2004 can extract oil from cheesebazz2004 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Boyue Alita
My Alita is in daily use but not quite the way I thought it would be. Now I just leave it as a basic e-reader after having too many issues. Note taking was something I liked the sound of but found it to be more trouble than it was worth. True, the native Boyue reading app supports it if you can call it that. Nothing else seemed to do the job at all. If there was a new app available requiring an updated version of Android that would enhance note taking it would be worth the risk.

So far there have been no positives mentioned apart from anecdotal comments that a device may be a bit snappier - hardly a recommendation for taking chances.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 12:27 PM   #4
ottischwenk
Guru
ottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: B Ares/Alita, OB Nova2/Poke2/Poke Pro, Tol Epos2/Shine3/Shine2/Page2
Under Android 8.1 and BYRead-V3.0.1 -...... (the new version), handwritten notes also work in other EBook formats in my Likebook Ares - tested with DRMless epub and azw3.
If Alita gets the same BYRead version, it will work for Alita too.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 10-17-2020 at 12:29 PM.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote