Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-08-2007, 04:54 AM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Why would the firmware be any different? It's exactly the same Reader - just with a fancy case! I'd be willing to stake a large sum of money that it's the same Reader firmware "1.0.00.21081" that we've all got .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:20 AM   #32
JRAWKER
Connoisseur
JRAWKER began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Digital Paper
Same firmware. I was just trippin' :P
JRAWKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2007, 11:59 AM   #33
Max Introvert
Max Introvert began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
Is the cover properly aligned with the Reader? That seems to be a significant issues with the standard leather covers!
My DB cover *IS* slightly crooked compared to the standard cover, but the Reader is still completely covered, so I'm not upset about it.

What's really nice is the DB cover has a lot more oomph to it and actually supports the Reader much better than the standard cover during my reading. Instead of bending the cover back, I just hold the cover open like a normal book. This drove me batty during the 5 minutes I tried it with the standard cover, since the reader dragged it around like a dog on a leash.

Not so with the DB cover. I'm very happy with it, even though it *was* a mite expensive.
Max Introvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 05:44 AM   #34
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Introvert
Instead of bending the cover back, I just hold the cover open like a normal book. This drove me batty during the 5 minutes I tried it with the standard cover, since the reader dragged it around like a dog on a leash.
That's the way I read with my Sony leather cover. With the vinyl cover, like you, I used to fold it back.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:25 AM   #35
JRAWKER
Connoisseur

d

ddddlete

Last edited by JRAWKER; 02-01-2009 at 05:26 AM. Reason: delete
Advert
Old 02-11-2007, 06:13 AM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRAWKER
Yeah, likewise. Its off about 3cm by the top.
3cm???? That's a heck of an alignment error! 3mm might be acceptable, but 3cm, especially on a product supposedly so "exclusive", is absolutely outrageous.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:07 AM   #37
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
3cm really! Or is the metric sense so hard to grasp for imperialists?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:36 AM   #38
Max Introvert
Max Introvert began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible
3cm really! Or is the metric sense so hard to grasp for imperialists?
Because it's tricky when you have only two divisors that work well.

For the record, my reader's misalignment is only about 2-3mm, I'd say, rotated clockwise at the top. If the leather stitching wasn't there, it'd be much more difficult to notice.
Max Introvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:25 PM   #39
JRAWKER
Connoisseur

It was a typo, folks. Just eyeballin' it.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:23 PM   #40
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'm at the Sony store in the Houston Galeria (on one of their Vaios -- this keyboard stinks, BTW) the have one of these on display, and several in stock. They look much nicer in person than the pix. If anyone still wants one ....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote