Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-12-2020, 06:45 PM   #1
PERCE-NEIGE
PERCE-NEIGE began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question About the way to push websites to Pocketbook

I have a new Touch HD 3, (Fb632), (also called "HD plus" in France I think).

I try to get familiar with it, and have a couple of questions about it.
Especially the topic "how to push websites to the Pocketbook"

Goal:
To have a good readibility, better than on my computer, and to read the sites offline, so hyperlinks that drive to other pages of the sites should be preserved.

1/ Where are the (browser) bookmarks located in the memory?
I'd like to access them to convert them into PDF (or epub) from my reader, using an online generator, but I don't see where they are.
Even when I connect the reader with my computer, I don't know where they are located.

When I use the built-in bookmarking feature, from the reader, the problem is that I can't rename a bookmark, or sort it. It will be really messy and difficult to find a bookmark again when I will have bunch of them (and no existing search feature )

The only workaround I've found is to download (not bookmark) the page, from the reader, with the button having a down arrow icon. It downloads in .mhtml format, and show it as a new book in the library app. From it, I can sort those .mthml "books" into folders and rename them.

I also though of making a book with Sigil or Calibre with all my links as hypertext, and sorted in chapters, and push it to the Pocketbook.

2/ Is there a way to send websites I browse from my computer to the reader?
3/ Is there a way to send websites I browse from my reader for offline reading (no wifi)?
= To sum up, how to "push" websites to the reader? I know the way with other brands, there are addons, but I don't see addons to push to Pocketbook.

I've found online generators to convert sites into pdf,

For instance this one: https://www.web2pdfconvert.com
or this one https://pdfcrowd.com/

Problem: They doesn't follow hyperlinks.

I have some additional questions about third party connections, because it could provide a way to "push" to Pocketbook:

4/ Can I connect more than one Dropbox account (= switching accounts)?
5/ Can I connect, in any way (with third party apps like IFTTT for instance) Google Drive and Pocketbook?
5/ Do you use IFTTT with Pocketbook? (I could open a new thread if some people do)
PERCE-NEIGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 01:36 PM   #2
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PERCE-NEIGE View Post
1/ Where are the (browser) bookmarks located in the memory?
AFAIU, they are buried in /ext1/system/browser.sqlite, table bookmarks. I guess you need an SQL application to view/modify them, and write some custom script if you want to export them in a formatted document.
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
bookmarking, offline reading, push-funtion, readibility, website conversion