Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-01-2009, 04:25 AM   #1
unrequited
Zealot
unrequited doesn't litterunrequited doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2 DX
Where in the world are you & your Kindle?

Please post pics, and a one-line description of where you are and when you are. If you can, put up the cover of your favorite book too! Let's try to keep this an organized thread of pics & locations to see (& brag) where Kindle is around the world! (Also, please sticky?)

2009/02/28

Grand Canyon, South Rim, Arizona, USA

Last edited by unrequited; 03-05-2009 at 08:00 AM.
unrequited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:42 AM   #2
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Save the Kindle, save the world?
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
Save the Kindle, save the world?
I had exactaly they same thought.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:53 PM   #4
stevenmoy
Zealot
stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Seriously, DO NOT perform a drop test from Grand Canyon.
stevenmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:59 PM   #5
damaso
Photojournalist
damaso began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Right now my Kindle and I are on the Slovak/Hungarian border...
damaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #6
KindleKat
Connoisseur
KindleKat began at the beginning.

The furthest i've brought my kindle is the T in boston, and trust me, you don't want pictures of that..
KindleKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #7
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)

The glorious Silicon Valley.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post

The glorious Silicon Valley.
oooh pretty !! those are circuits imprinted on that building right ? i love circuits.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #9
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
oooh pretty !! those are circuits imprinted on that building right ? i love circuits.
That would be cool! It's just lit up during one of the local arts festivals. It normally looks like this:

Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:43 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
not bad, but i like the circuits better.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #11
eadesdd
eadesdd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
No picture (sorry) but I'm in the Denver, CO area with my Kindle
eadesdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:19 PM   #12
MissNomer
Ancora Imparo
MissNomer is on a distinguished road

Central Florida. Don't go north of I-4 until May! Hubby and I ride daily. Whoever sits in the back seat reads over the intercom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MeNMyKindle.JPG
Views:	295
Size:	518.5 KB
ID:	24958  
MissNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #13
S.Canton
Groupie
S.Canton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Awesome photo. Unfortunately I don't have a camera right now, and I'm no where exciting.
S.Canton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:00 AM   #14
unrequited
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNomer View Post
Central Florida. Don't go north of I-4 until May! Hubby and I ride daily. Whoever sits in the back seat reads over the intercom.
Awesome, somebody else who's actually posting pics. > )
Old 03-30-2009, 06:57 AM   #15
unrequited
Zealot

Me with my buddy's 1-month old baby girl. I was playing babysitter at 2am so they could get some sleep for once. > )