Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-13-2006, 04:34 AM   #16
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I'm copying the data from one Sd to the other, then i'll finish breakfast and read something to test it...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:37 AM   #17
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
If my 2 CF cards don't work I'm going to be annoyed (as they were brought explictly for the iLiad). But then, I can still use them in my Camera and Clio, so it's not that bad.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2006, 04:39 AM   #18
Henrycat
Zealot
Henrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage
Well, now that i'm not the only one who has one, i can go on vacation

Still have a lot of Baen books to read

Going to have to find a place to organize the convertions i make so others can read them

Maybe in www.4shared.com ...
Henrycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:40 AM   #19
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
It's got a good grip and the weight doesn't feel too bad...but time will tell there...^^
Let's hope you won't suffer the "iLiad-Thumb"
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:01 AM   #20
FGFuzaxx
Enthusiast
FGFuzaxx has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: maybe Iliad ;-)
Congrats Roland,

have fun! Now you will have to update the FAQ a bit

What SW version?
Is the stylus working or not?

etc...

Henrycat, you can go on vacation, he will be question-bombarded from now on, as he has gotten his device only because of us

Greetings,
Frank
FGFuzaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2006, 05:01 AM   #21
drago
Enthusiast
drago began at the beginning.

Device: KPW, BrokenfirstgeniLiad
Congratulations!

This is wonderful news indeed. I am looking forward to a detailed but subjective review. I am not as much interested in the technical aspects, but rather in the way it feels to read on it. Spend a few days imersed in your new gadget, and then try answering the question: how book-like is the reading expereince? Are you able to really be drawn into the world of fiction? Is it possible to forget that you are reading on an e-ink device? (I read a lot on my laptop, but I am allways very much avare of the fact that it is not a book). Thank you, and happy reading!

drago
drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:03 AM   #22
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGFuzaxx
Henrycat, you can go on vacation, he will be question-bombarded from now on, as he has gotten his device only because of us
Let's make sure this doesn't sound the wrong way. We owe Henrique a lot, all the inside information iRex didn't want to share with anyone. I'd say he deserves a sun-drenched holiday with plenty of beach, sand, sea and sun
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:04 AM   #23
Riocaz
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, Henrique, enjoy your vacation mate. And thanks for all the time/energy you spent in answering our questions.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:05 AM   #24
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
btw, Henrycat, Riocaz beach is very nice
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:07 AM   #25
Riocaz

Yeah, but it's only in the astral plane. So he won't get a tan :-P
Old 07-13-2006, 05:11 AM   #26
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
My Iliad just arrived.
I took some photos (that didn't work too well...i'm just too nervous right now) that I am now uploading to Flickr.
Congrats CommanderROR!

BTW, perhaps it's old news, but viewing your pictures I clicked in "see public photos also tagged as iliad", and there are quite a bit (scroll to the last images of the first page of results):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/iliad/

I'm overly jeaolous of this one (three iliads in the same pic!):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/evert-jan/136116560/
http://static.flickr.com/52/136116560_7340d32dd4.jpg

I just want one (well, or two... but, without doubt, at least one ).
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:15 AM   #27
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

@Henrycat

Thanks for all you did so far...with at least 2 Iliad owners now here at the orums (I don't know whether UPS has delivered the other one yet) you'll really have time for that vacation now...^^

So far I have found otu the following:

I can't find how to zoom in (or enlarge fonts) in PDF, and I haven't been able to take any notes, because the "notes.xeb" that I'm supposed to open isn't there.

i'll try to find ot and/or ask irex for help and tell you what I find.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:22 AM   #28
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

Just got this from iRex:

"The regular shipments are started this morning from our stockpoint in Duren and from this point onward everything should go much smoother and people should start receiving their iLiads very soon."
Old 07-13-2006, 05:34 AM   #29
Riocaz

WOOHOO!
Old 07-13-2006, 05:38 AM   #30
herve
Enthusiast
herve began at the beginning.

Device: TungstenC / hopefully iLi
Quote:
Just got this from iRex:

"The regular shipments are started this morning from our stockpoint in Duren and from this point onward everything should go much smoother and people should start receiving their iLiads very soon."
Maybe I missed that answer in another thread, but how many iLiad are in stock?

I mean, my order is #511, and if they only received 500... :-/
herve is offline   Reply With Quote