Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-08-2006, 11:16 AM   #31
Roland
Roland began at the beginning.

Ordered mine last friday. Still in the processin stage..

Roland
Roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:22 AM   #32
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
@Xenophon

I second that...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2006, 04:07 PM   #33
LauretteBradley
Enthusiast
LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle reader on iPad and iPhone
I ordered mine on Thursday, the 6th, I think.

Laurette
LauretteBradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:30 PM   #34
MikeB
MikeB began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Loox 720
Order mine Thursday 6 July.

Mike
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:21 AM   #35
THJahar
Zealot
THJahar is on a distinguished road

Device: Jinke V2 Prototype
I Got an invite but I had really set my heart on a V2. So I'm going to hold out for a couple of weeks just to make sure I can't get hold of a V2. If nothing gets released i'll order the Irex instead.
THJahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2006, 05:01 AM   #36
stobs
Connoisseur
stobs is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
I got an invite, but did not order, yet. I wait for some more reviews and success-stories..

-Stobs.
stobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 05:24 AM   #37
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Got my invite thanks to CommanderROR but I'm still doughting between the iLiad and the Sony Reader. I just want to read books and the Sony is sleek and lightweighted. It comes with a protection case and is also a lot cheaper.

The only thing that I like in the iLiad is the higher resolution so I don't need to flip pages the whole time.

Difficult...especially because I still don't know when the Reader will be available.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:04 AM   #38
Lameth
Lameth began at the beginning.

Device: Ipaq 5450/Motorola L6
I have my invite but waiting until I have the money (waiting on a company to be sold so I get my very few shares £ out of it) as well as waiting to see when they start shipping the ebook readers out.

Irex does not have the greatest rep so far for making deadlines. Either they have very few staff on deliveries, they are building up stock, or everything is going to the business partners. Which I understand but it means we have no definite date for individual (unit) customers and when they can expect delivery.
Lameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:09 AM   #39
Bjohns
Bjohns began at the beginning.

Ordered One

I ordered it as soon as I got the invite. Now hopefully they will get them shipped out soon.

- Bjohns
Bjohns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:58 AM   #40
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor
Stuart Young has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: e61i / Eee PC / PRS-505
I'm order #346 ordered mid June. - Just recieved this from irex..

-----Original Message-----
From: iRex Shop account for online shop [mailto:shop@irextechnologies.com]
Sent: 12 July 2006 14:56
To: Stuart Young
Subject: RE: Enquiry from iRex Shop

Dear Sir,

After all the logistic problems, we are ready to ship in about 2-3 days. We will keep you punctually informed.

Concerning the accessories. Yes, we will have sometime soon a cover. The timeline is unknown though.
Regards,
iRex shop

I hoped it would ship tomorrow.
Stuart Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:03 AM   #41
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Things arn't looking hopeful for the Friday/Monday deadline they set themsevles.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:28 AM   #42
bryanzs
Zealot
bryanzs doesn't litterbryanzs doesn't litter

Device: Nook HD+, Nook ST Glow, PocketBook 360, Nook Color
I just received my invitation (thanks, CommanderROR!), and ordered immediately. Order #679. Now I'll just have to wait and see how long it takes to reach the US...
bryanzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:00 AM   #43
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Ordered last Thursday # 601, has just been updated to "Paid, not Shipped"...
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:45 PM   #44
haraldb
haraldb began at the beginning.

Well, I couldn't keep me from ordering one, so I just did it;-)

Looks like we got into the 700 range (I have #713)... I hope they have a lot iLiads in Düren;-)
haraldb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:57 PM   #45
rmeister0
Addict
rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I haven't received an invite. Has ANYONE in the U.S. gotten one?

I have to clear some space on a cc, but I'm not going to make speed unless I have an invite to follow up on. Also, I want to hear some confirmations from people that have ordered have actually received the thing.
rmeister0 is offline   Reply With Quote