Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-06-2006, 04:31 AM   #31
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
I know... I was desperate for you to send my email to iRex, hehe, but it's been really fast, bang on 9 o'clock this morning (well, 09:13), I didn't expect it.
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:38 AM   #32
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Got mine... Now I've just got to get some time today to order the damn thing...! Update: Ordered as # 601...!

Last edited by jęd; 07-06-2006 at 06:12 AM.
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2006, 08:13 AM   #33
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
Just to keep things tidy...when you receive your invite and/or order you Iliad let us know in here.

Thanks.
Rec'd my invite this morning. At the $800+ price I saw earlier I was thinking of waiting until September to see if there was a price drop, but at around $700 with shipping I'm probably ordering soon.

Now if only I knew what the surprise prize of the DRM note was all about

Update - order #620.

Last edited by VillageReader; 07-06-2006 at 01:49 PM.
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:31 AM   #34
The GreatGonzo
Old Yeller
The GreatGonzo is on a distinguished road

Device: Iliad & Kindle - The Best of Both Worlds
Got my invitation this morning, successsfully ordered for US delivery just now (God, their website is sssllllloooowwww....).

It said something about 3-4 weeksfor US delivery.
I guess I shall while away the hours reading reading the upcoming tidal wave of posts from the lucky soon-to-be Iliad owners in Europe...
The GreatGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:52 AM   #35
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
If we actually get it that soon...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2006, 09:18 AM   #36
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Got my invite this AM...

...so now I just have to convince my wife that we really need an iLiad. On the one hand, she's eager to have a better eBook reader . On the other hand, she's certain to say that the $$ aren't in the budget .

Sigh.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:26 AM   #37
firekat
Groupie
firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Ordered - Gulp! It is a bit lower in price than what I was anticipating, though it's still pretty dear. Please, Please, Please be a good ebook/document reader!

Order # 615
firekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:56 AM   #38
Roland
Roland began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firekat
Ordered - Gulp! It is a bit lower in price than what I was anticipating, though it's still pretty dear. Please, Please, Please be a good ebook/document reader!

Order # 615
Order # 617 here!
Roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:08 PM   #39
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

so...where is number 616...are they actually still dealing with people outside this forum...tsts...what an idea...^^
Old 07-06-2006, 12:27 PM   #40
b_k
Übernerd
b_k is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex iLiad
i already got my invite on 4th July. But since CCs are not very common in Germany (from my point of view) its now up to the bank, if i can order an Iliad in the near future.

At least i found one bank which gives one a CC for free. (i hope it comes without hooks).

BTW: i think Irex is seeing the Mobileread users as happily paying Beta testers.
b_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:29 PM   #41
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

Shipping will start tomorrow!

I just heard from iRex that only 20 mobileraders have ordered so far...ts ts...20 out of 78...well...i guess more will follow....:-)
Old 07-06-2006, 02:36 PM   #42
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
Shipping will start tomorrow!

I just heard from iRex that only 20 mobileraders have ordered so far...ts ts...20 out of 78...well...i guess more will follow....:-)
i believe that when i see it.

and only 20 of 78. cant believe that either.
Especially with the first inited having an order number of 510 and the last reported number was 616.

Last edited by tribble; 07-06-2006 at 03:50 PM.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:40 PM   #43
EnochRoot
EnochRoot began at the beginning.

Got it!

Got my invite today!
EnochRoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:50 AM   #44
FGFuzaxx
Enthusiast
FGFuzaxx has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: maybe Iliad ;-)
Invite

After unsuccesfully trying to get an invite with my business mail-adress, I was able to get an invite with the help of this forum, thanks CommanderROR once again.

As I will not be home for at least the next 1 1/5 weeks, I will not order one this week, will just look if UPS can deliver the device and read the first comments.

Greetings,
Frank
FGFuzaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:23 AM   #45
parzifal
parzifal began at the beginning.

Device: Axim 50v
To much work, so my post is a little late ;-) Ordered mine on the 5th of July (#526) and had a little trouble entering my shipping adress. Turns out that they posted the info (Name field to long) into the URL only and not onto the page. Not very helpful ;-)

Anyway.. besides the info who handles their invoicing no word about a deliverydate yet.
parzifal is offline   Reply With Quote