Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-16-2006, 09:38 AM   #1
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Delivery times:

Just to warn those that have ordered, after re-reading the confirmation I noticed that no estimated deliver date was being given.

The inital invitation, however states that this will be provided on confirmation.

I have called iRex to confirm how long I can expect to wait (in all fairness I wasn't expecting next day delivery).

I have been told, that delivery will be from 3-4 weeks.

:-/

Not as quick as I had hoped, but not as long as I expected (I expected to be told 6-8 weeks)
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:50 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Well, on the irexshop pages it says, that items will be in stock on Friday, june 30th. And in one of the mails it said 3-4 weeks.

I hope they start shipping the last week of June.
I think they will wait for that latest OS update, and then start the ditribution. Hopefully the SDK will follow soon after.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2006, 09:51 AM   #3
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor
Stuart Young has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: e61i / Eee PC / PRS-505
Thanks for the heads up.. Maybe a prayer to the e-ink god will conjour them up sooner.
Stuart Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 02:52 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
It's also on Engadget today; imagine if all the Engadgetians were going to preorder an iRex now, we'd probably have to wait till infinity to get one delivered to ourselves.

So let's hope they don't go out of stock.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:38 PM   #5
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic
It's also on Engadget today; imagine if all the Engadgetians were going to preorder an iRex now, we'd probably have to wait till infinity to get one delivered to ourselves.

So let's hope they don't go out of stock.
Only if all the Engadgeters have been given invitations...!
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2006, 04:40 PM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Ahh! It was wishful thinking on my part then, I thought they had skipped the invitation by now...
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:00 AM   #7
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Got this mail today on my question if i would have the device in my hands by July 7th:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRex
Delivery before July 7th will be a bit tight cause we expect devices in stock on June 30th at the earliest.
We will inform you about your delivery as soon as possible.
Well, the 7th is my birthday and i hoped to have it by then, but from that statement, i am afraid, it will take at least a week longer. (which would be the mentioned 3-4 weeks)
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:34 AM   #8
pitcher23
Zealot
pitcher23 began at the beginning.

I wonder if, by the time U.S. invites are sent, the delivery time would be close to when they expect their B2B partners to start shipping to the general public. It would suck to pay a premium only to have it released a couple of weeks later at a most likely discounted price.
pitcher23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:07 PM   #9
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
I doubt that there will be a discounted price at public release, instead of that i think there will maybe be a higher price cause the shop who imports the ilead for sale also wants to earn some extra buck ...
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:29 AM   #10
pitcher23
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sischa
I doubt that there will be a discounted price at public release, instead of that i think there will maybe be a higher price cause the shop who imports the ilead for sale also wants to earn some extra buck ...

If they price themselves too high, they may not make that buck. I would imagine that Irex sells the Iliads to their B2B partners for quite a bit less than they are to the invitees. The partners would still add a bit for profit, but the overall cost will most likely be less than what Irex is selling to the invitees now.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:00 AM   #11
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitcher23
... but the overall cost will most likely be less than what Irex is selling to the invitees now.
And that is why? That will depend on the demand of the market on this gadget. If there will be lot of ppl who want the Ilead they will rise the price if there will be not enought order they will lower the price. But for 100% sure they won't start selling with a lower price on their down - why should they?

It could drop after a few weeks of course with ebay offers showing up and when ppl don't want to buy the iLead.

Cheap iLead in 1 month sounds a little bit like a nice whish i think

I think you could be on the save side when it comes to the price if you order now ...
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:03 AM   #12
pitcher23
Zealot

"But for 100% sure they won't start selling with a lower price on their down - why should they? "

Because Irex most likely could afford to. Now a profit margin was calculated into th $650 Euro cost of the device as it is now. What we don't know is what the actual cost of it really is, taking into account manufacturing, R&D, Marketing etc.

Let's say that it really cost $400 Euros to produce. Their B2B partners could cut a deal with Irex to buy it from them for $500 Euros and then sellt hem for $575 Euros. Why would Irex want to sell it to them for cheaper? Distribution. It's the same reason why some computer products cost more buying direct from the manufacturer than buy purchasing them from Newegg or Amazon for example.

Now my figures were just for example purposes as I don't know for certain what Irex's plans are.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:23 AM   #13
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I'm a member of the club now!

Received and invitation and ordered...with shaking hands...^^

My order number is 470.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:50 AM   #14
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
You gave in tothe temptation after all then Commander. :-)

Welcome to the club.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:58 AM   #15
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
yep...I threw caution overboard...^^

Part of the decision was:

1.) Henrycat's videos...despit the slow refresh, the Iliad looked good
2.) Jinke told me that they couldn't provide a sample fo the V2 for me due to low supply
3.) LVD told me that the chinese aren't willing to provide a SDK for the V8 and that makes work on the V8 software slow and cumbersome.

I've had the money for the Iliad lying around since march...now i'll maybe finally get a chance to spend it...:-)
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote