Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-18-2011, 06:31 AM   #2626
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by quisvir View Post
mudskipper:
v2 is exactly the same size as v1, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm not familiar with the 505 customization process unfortunately, so I cannot help you there.
I have no idea if it makes a difference, but just to be clear mudskipper is comparing

PRS+ v1.1.3 (last update May2010) to
PRS+ v2.0.13beta

not

PRS+ v2.0.13v1beta to
PRS+ v2.0.13v2beta.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-18-2011 at 06:33 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:32 AM   #2627
quisvir
Addict
quisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle PW2
Thanks dwanthny, I hadn't noticed. Mudskipper, please ignore my previous comment.
quisvir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2011, 06:40 AM   #2628
oldhasbeen
Enthusiast
oldhasbeen doesn't litteroldhasbeen doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
@quisvir
oldhasbeen:
What setting do you have the booklist option set to? Try setting it to default, and see if that helps the loading time of the home screen.

Yes have done that - no difference. Changing booklist option takes also some 4 minutes.
Rolled back to 2.0.12 beta and books open from notes, home or list with very little delay. Returning home remains at about 30 seconds.
oldhasbeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:21 AM   #2629
quisvir
Addict
quisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle PW2
It's beyond me, I'm afraid. Perhaps kartu can help you.
quisvir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #2630
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
Is v2 significantly bigger than v1, and is that likely to be the problem?
Well, a couple of hundred kb-s bigger.

Chinese users normally do it using mount --bind trick, having fonts in internal memory. (this has downsides but is the only way for big font files). How did you customize it on 1.1.3?

oldhasbeen
Try removing all books from IM and formatting it. Most likely this is caused by corrupt internal memory.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #2631
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
2 questions:
how do I know it's v2 and not v1?
can the dutch text for 'browse folders' be shortened to 'bladeren' i.o. 'bladeren door folders' (too long)?
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #2632
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
BeN, is there a way to translate the text of the calendar to differente languages?

Thanks

Last edited by VICTORSJG; 09-18-2011 at 01:46 PM.
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #2633
mudskipper
Enthusiast
mudskipper has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mudskipper has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mudskipper has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: pr 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
Well, a couple of hundred kb-s bigger.

Chinese users normally do it using mount --bind trick, having fonts in internal memory. (this has downsides but is the only way for big font files). How did you customize it on 1.1.3?

oldhasbeen
Try removing all books from IM and formatting it. Most likely this is caused by corrupt internal memory.
I originally customised using PRS customiser following a brief guide from Pepak and others, though I'd forgotten the procedure it had been so long. Managed to get things working today thus:
1) Install 2.0.13
2) Set up my mods using PRS customiser
3) Edit the make script to fudge the memory size check to accommodate the extra half a meg in 2.0.13
4) Use an even smaller Japanese font (less memory available, of course)
5) Flash the customisations.

Good news, 2.0.13 is running with Japanese unicode font available to unicode Japanese texts. Odd aspects, customisation of about page not worked (not your bailiwick, I know).

Last edited by mudskipper; 09-18-2011 at 01:26 PM.
mudskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #2634
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
adbosch
Version should be visible on about screen.
Regarding translation, yes.

muddskipper
Quote:
...continue reading option at top of menu structure only goes to the last read book. 1.1.3 kept a record of several books. I've opted for 50 books in the book history, but nothing.
Book history used to customize main menu in 1.x. In 2.x it is covered by menu customizer.

Not sure which mods you'd need that aren't covered by PRS+ (switch off justify?), but glad it works for you.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #2635
mudskipper
Enthusiast
mudskipper has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mudskipper has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mudskipper has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: pr 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
adbosch
Version should be visible on about screen.
Regarding translation, yes.

muddskipper

Book history used to customize main menu in 1.x. In 2.x it is covered by menu customizer.

Not sure which mods you'd need that aren't covered by PRS+ (switch off justify?), but glad it works for you.
You responded so quickly you beat my self correction! Found the book history and put it at the top of the menu where I had it before. Used to use customiser to put contact details on about page. Workaround, put it in title bar of main menu. Thanks! :-)
mudskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #2636
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
The about info gives me version PRS+ 2.0.13beta, but I can't find v1 or 2 anywhere.
As for changing (dutch) language file: which one is it and where can I find it?
Thanks.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #2637
raiderkilo
Connoisseur
raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: PRS-350 "PRS+"
Thank You for New version PRS+.
In settings "Stanby Wallpaper" what mean random image? - random book covers? Or images from custom folder?
raiderkilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #2638
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I just upgraded to 2.0.13 and love it. The only reason I hadn't done it sooner was because of having to upgrade the Sony firmware first, I was really reluctant to do that after reading about some problems with it. After the firmware upgrade, my reader is definitely much slower on loading between some functions than it used to be and when first turned on if not in a book, but once you're in your book, page flipping and turning on to get into the book is fine so it's just something I need to live with, the newer version of PRS+ functions make up for it.

I have one nitpicky request that I think would be nice though. When you save screenshots, is there any way to have them saved into a "screenshots" directory rather than lumped into the root directory mixed with other files? Just makes it all cleaner/neater when moving them off the reader to your PC.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #2639
oldhasbeen
Enthusiast
oldhasbeen doesn't litteroldhasbeen doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
@mudskipper
oldhasbeen
Have done that - no change for the response times.
Have installed 2.0.13 three times now and went back three times to 2.0.12. Opening books from anywhere (list, home, notes, history) takes 4mins with 2.0.13. Not so with 2.0.12 - is below 2 seconds then. Is consistent and repeatable. Going home from anywhere is always around 30 seconds with both versions. Changing settings does not make differences in that respect. Changing book list options takes also more than 4 mins. I have the impression that there is either some loop or scanning causing the delay.
Does this with books in internal memory or SD Card. Does it also without books in internal memory or without SD Card.
Opening books with original sony system is quick - going home also slow. If books are not organised in folders everything is quite snappy (using original sony - have not tries this with PRS+).
oldhasbeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:10 PM   #2640
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
The about info gives me version PRS+ 2.0.13beta, but I can't find v1 or 2 anywhere.
Version 1 doesn't have a number because it was first, version 2 will have a v2 that you will easily see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderkilo View Post
Or images from custom folder?
Not a custom folder, for my 950 images are in the folder designated by Sony for images. //database/media/images
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote