Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-15-2011, 03:35 AM   #2566
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
2.0.13beta was (although not thoroughly) tested on:
I've successfully installed it tonight on a 300, 505 and a 950.

Thanks again.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:45 AM   #2567
Calibrefan
Enthusiast
Calibrefan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Just successfully installed the 2.0.13beta on my Sony PRS-350.

However, I can't seem to find the settings to get the last read book's cover to be displayed when the device is in stand-by.

Also, the setting "Display the next book(s) in the collection of the current book (useful for series)" just gets me random books displayed although the current book is part of a series.

The setting "Display random books from the same author as the current book" works just fine.

Anyone who can point me in the right direction?

Thanks for this great addition to the Sony readers!
Calibrefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2011, 05:06 AM   #2568
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibrefan View Post
However, I can't seem to find the settings to get the last read book's cover to be displayed when the device is in stand-by.
This is under the Standby Image menu in the PRS+ settings area. It might be on a second page under the PRS+ Settings.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:12 AM   #2569
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Excellent update. One thing to report.

I have a 950 and the Customize Home Menu Booklist settings do not survive a shutdown and restart. Upon restart any saved settings have disappeared.
Update: This setting doesn't survive being connected and disconnected from the computer either. After disconnect from the computer I have to select an option in the menu again.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:14 AM   #2570
Calibrefan
Enthusiast

Thanks for your fast reply dwanthny. Got it and it works great, I must have overlooked in in the first rush.

Now if I can get the setting "Display the next book(s) in the collection of the current book (useful for series)" up and running I'm completely settled :-)
Advert
Old 09-15-2011, 05:19 AM   #2571
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Calibrefan,

are your books sorted in more then one collection?
quisvirs addon jumps on the (I assume alphabetical) first collection containing the current book and takes the next ones.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:36 AM   #2572
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
Calibrefan,

are your books sorted in more then one collection?
quisvirs addon jumps on the (I assume alphabetical) first collection containing the current book and takes the next ones.
Nice to know.

@Calibrefan I use the following plugboard in calibre so this feature works no matter how many collections the book might be in.

format: device-db
device: any device (or PRS505)
template: {author_sort} {series:| - | } {series_index:05.2f}
destination: author_sort
destination: authors
template: {series} {series_index:05.2f||-}{title}
destination: title_sort

This makes the author line in both my son's 300 and my 950 show the Author's name followed by the series name and number if it exists. I forget why I put the title sort there (I think it was for the sort on my 505) but things are working for me so I'm leaving it alone for now.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-15-2011 at 05:41 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:54 AM   #2573
Calibrefan
Enthusiast

Mark, I noticed some unexplained behavior by the addon. My books are sorted in one collection at the time only e.g. the series Wheel of Time from Robert Jordan is correctly displayed on my PRS-350 as "WoT - 01 - Title" up till "Wot - 13 - Title". However, the series is not displayed correctly when activating the setting "Display the next book(s) in the collection of the current book. It just shows an apparently random choice of books. The same with several other series I tried. However, I just noticed that another series does work correctly, not in the correct numerical sequence, but all three books displayed were from the same series.

As all series are set up in Calibre with the same plugboard dwanthny is using I have no explanation as to what happens here. It would be great though if you could get them to display in the the correct numerical sequence e.g. when reading number 4 of the series, to display the next three and so on.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:00 AM   #2574
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
As all series are set up in Calibre with the same plugboard dwanthny is using I have no explanation as to what happens here. It would be great though if you could get them to display in the the correct numerical sequence e.g. when reading number 4 of the series, to display the next three and so on.
You were using the authors and author_sort plugboard too?
Old 09-15-2011, 06:10 AM   #2575
Calibrefan
Enthusiast

@dwanthny:

I don't think so, the only one I can find in my Calibre is the following:

device_db:PRS505

{series:re(([^\s])[^\s]+(\s|$),\1)}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}
Old 09-15-2011, 06:19 AM   #2576
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
@dwanthny:

I don't think so, the only one I can find in my Calibre is the following:

So it isn't the same plugboard I was using.

I assume the destination for this is the title field?

You might want to add the two author lines with author_sort and authors as destination fields that I was using. Then hook up to calibre and if you have manage metadata to automatic it will update your device.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-15-2011 at 06:21 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:35 AM   #2577
srs
srs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.srs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.srs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony prs 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
srs

Please read here: 10 times reset
(important link in there: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ected!!&page=9
and here on how to reinstall the original fw:How to reinstall original firmware in PRS-300?
HTH
Mark
thanks! that got me back up and running.
srs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:32 AM   #2578
quisvir
Addict
quisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle PW2
Well, looks like I got my work cut out for me

It seems there are 2 bugs regarding the booklist option:
  • Right after starting the device, or after disconnect from usb, if the option is set to 'books by same author' or 'next books in collection', it displays the last added books instead. This presumably happens because there's a problem with finding the current book data (on which it has to base the book list).
  • In some cases, the 'next books in collection' option seems to display random books. This probably happens because there is a discrepancy between the book ID and the internal number of the record that contains its data. If the reader is wiped first, and the books loaded next, this probably doesn't occur (which is why it didn't turn up in testing).

I'll start work on fixing these bugs; sorry for the inconvenience. Glad to see my modest additions to the project are being used though

sengian: I see! I didn't know that. I'll leave the pushing to someone else though, in this case

Last edited by quisvir; 09-15-2011 at 07:35 AM.
quisvir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:24 AM   #2579
Calibrefan
Enthusiast

@dwanthny

You're right, the destination of my initial plugboard is the title field

As per your suggestion I've now added:

destination: author_sort
destination: authors

I then then hooked up to calibre with "manage metadata" to automatic to update my device but nothing changed, still random books. Any other suggestions please?

@quisvir You may have your work cut out for you but the improvement over the original software is very much appreciated over here!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:50 AM   #2580
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
I then then hooked up to calibre with "manage metadata" to automatic to update my device but nothing changed, still random books. Any other suggestions please?
Do you now see Author name followed by Series in the book list (see attached)?

If not then the metadata didn't update. Reconnect and try again. You should see Get list of books then send metadata to device as the two jobs in calibre that run when you connect your device.

Also after disconnecting from your computer you need to set the sort option again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Author series.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	76552  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-15-2011 at 08:53 AM.