Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #2521
quisvir
Addict
quisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I wasn't thinking about an special collection, created by PRS, but something which is controlled by the user. Anyway, thank you for thinking about it.
I considered that as well, but that would be much harder than using a collection! And I'm only an amateur coder
quisvir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #2522
sengian
Zealot
sengian doesn't littersengian doesn't litter

Device: PRS-T1;PRS-650;PocketBook Touch Lux 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
Please check lang.ods for empty lines and

check resulting language-file xx.js for lines like this:
Code:
 : {
}
As these prevents the JS file from being loaded.

Just my 2 cents
No I finally found it. Quite simple in fact.
Some morons (me included) used comma in the translation so when you build it you have in your object values something like XXX:"text "text" text" which is not really js friendly.

I will correct French. I will let you decide what solution you prefer : modifying lang.ods or adding a check on resulting js/ods
sengian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2011, 04:27 PM   #2523
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by quisvir View Post
I considered that as well, but that would be much harder than using a collection! And I'm only an amateur coder
I was talking about a collection which is controlled by user, sorry. I didn't propose the other option because I think it's too hard
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #2524
sengian
Zealot
sengian doesn't littersengian doesn't litter

Device: PRS-T1;PRS-650;PocketBook Touch Lux 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sengian View Post
I am wondering for a long time about why there are 2 browse folders underthe Other application screen. This is normal behavior?
I have one above the line between parameters and game, the other below at the end after calendar.
So one done, one to go...
I would really appreciate if someone could fix this, it's not a big deal but i don't like it (or explain me why it is a feature...).

Thx in advance.
sengian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:03 PM   #2525
MiK77
Enthusiast
MiK77 will become famous soon enoughMiK77 will become famous soon enoughMiK77 will become famous soon enoughMiK77 will become famous soon enoughMiK77 will become famous soon enoughMiK77 will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS 650
I just played with the new options for the books shown on the home screen. But I can't select the option "Last opened books". Neither when selecting in the prefs nor when cycling through the options.
MiK77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2011, 06:30 PM   #2526
MiK77
Enthusiast
MiK77 will become famous soon enoughMiK77 will become famous soon enoughMiK77 will become famous soon enoughMiK77 will become famous soon enoughMiK77 will become famous soon enoughMiK77 will become famous soon enough

The newest version shows "NODE_GAMES_AND_UTILS" instead of the (present) translation. In older versions the translation was shown correctly here.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:31 PM   #2527
quisvir
Addict
quisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiK77 View Post
I just played with the new options for the books shown on the home screen. But I can't select the option "Last opened books". Neither when selecting in the prefs nor when cycling through the options.
Does the problem persist after you have opened different books? What does the booklist display when it should be displaying the last opened books? How many books are there on the device, and are they on the internal memory or on a memory card?

The string for 'NODE_GAMES_AND_UTILS' has been temporarily moved by kartu for his work on some game-related issues. But thanks for pointing it out

By the way, I have just pushed a new rev that changes the custom contrast & brightness input to a dialog, instead of a list of numbers. So now you can go and pick your Goldilocks numbers

Terisa de morgan: no problem! In any case, I will not rest until I have found some satisfactory way to let users select books

sengian: well done in locating the error that caused the translations to malfunction!

Last edited by quisvir; 09-13-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:10 PM   #2528
parenthesis
parenthesis began at the beginning.

Device: prs-650
hi, sorry if im stopping some good debate. im just new to this flashing thing, but ive built succesfully (apparently) a firmware (is this right?) from the source. I wanted to try it first without any modifications so then i could start poking around, but im quite stuck on how to install this "custom" built firmware to the device.
Ive already installed the modified firmware from the .exe, which let me say, it looks awesome (finally a calculator!! thank u all )..

edit: after building with ant, theres a zip folder in the #/distro folder. it contains some files and a suspiciously looking installer.sh, but when i run it, it mentions some missing files. probably im not running it from the correct directory.

edit:edit: ive just realized ive installed the darn thing.. i had put the folder in the root of the reader because of something ive read but not quite understood, and now i have a calendar! jojojojojojojojo

Last edited by parenthesis; 09-13-2011 at 11:14 PM.
parenthesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:42 AM   #2529
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Terisa de morgan: no problem! In any case, I will not rest until I have found some satisfactory way to let users select books
Thank you very much, I'm a bit tired of changing the date
Old 09-14-2011, 01:46 AM   #2530
MiK77
Enthusiast

Quote:
Does the problem persist after you have opened different books? What does the booklist display when it should be displaying the last opened books? How many books are there on the device, and are they on the internal memory or on a memory card?
Yes, the problem persists after openeing some books.
When I choose this option in the settings, the reader does not leave the menu (like if I select one of the others). But when I leave it manually, it seems to be selected. When I switch to the home screen then, the books area is empty.
There are 130 books on the device in the internal memory. The normal book history of PRS+ works fine.

When I use the binded cycle button (Vol-) nothing happens, when the last opened books should appear. On the next button press the books of the current author appear.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:28 AM   #2531
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ27 View Post
Last version (from repo) work fine (apps tab, calendar and etc...).
But small defects: in calendar:
if today == saturday -> frame color different from background (this true), but if today == sunday -> frame color == background (and today date - invisible)
Hi TJ27,

I am the developer of the Calendar app. I am not quite sure what you are referring to. Could you please make some screenshots that demonstrate the problem? Thanks!

Sincerely,
Ben.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:03 AM   #2532
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
Ben this is the problem with the calendar commented by TJ27. Only this problem occurs on x50 models when the week begins on monday, on 505 works fine. In both cases today is sunday (18-09-2011).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PRS 505.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	76502   Click image for larger version

Name:	PRS 650.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	76503   Click image for larger version

Name:	prs 650-1.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	76505   Click image for larger version

Name:	prs 505-1.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	76506  

Last edited by VICTORSJG; 09-14-2011 at 06:33 AM.
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:13 AM   #2533
TJ27
Enthusiast
TJ27 doesn't litterTJ27 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-350
Latest PRS+ from repository
SONY PRS-350
10, 11, 14 09.2011
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-9-10.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	76510   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-9-11.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	76511   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-9-14.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	76512  
TJ27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:21 AM   #2534
quisvir
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiK77 View Post
Yes, the problem persists after openeing some books.
When I choose this option in the settings, the reader does not leave the menu (like if I select one of the others). But when I leave it manually, it seems to be selected. When I switch to the home screen then, the books area is empty.
There are 130 books on the device in the internal memory. The normal book history of PRS+ works fine.

When I use the binded cycle button (Vol-) nothing happens, when the last opened books should appear. On the next button press the books of the current author appear.
It would seem the function is crashing, my guess would be either ext.history[0] or ext.currentPosition is causing it (I've had some trouble with those before). It doesn't use the PRS+ book history, though this might be a sign that it should.

I would like to reproduce the problem here, but can't seem to find a way. I'll get back to you!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:28 AM   #2535
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It would seem the function is crashing, my guess would be either ext.history[0] or ext.currentPosition is causing it (I've had some trouble with those before). It doesn't use the PRS+ book history, though this might be a sign that it should.

I would like to reproduce the problem here, but can't seem to find a way. I'll get back to you!
I haven't been able to reproduce it either, and the option works well for me.